How to enable DOS TV-Out on my G400 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable DOS TV-Out on my G400 ?

Do I need to flash my card with a special bios?
    can someone explain me how to do it?

Yeah, basically just grab the latest bios bundle from MURC or the Matrox website, run the update program, and when prompted select the bios that has TV output for the type of TV you have (PAL or NTSC)
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

thanks for your help
      i haven't tested yet, but in the readme i've read that the dos tv out only works on the primary display?

as I have a marvell card, my tv out is connected to the second head, on a true g400 dh, can the tv be connected to the first head??

Comment

No, the TV-Out only works on the second display port on any of the G4x0's. Its the only port that has the TV encoder connected to it.

And no, you don't have to have anything connected to the first head in order to get it to work. All data is replicated across both of them when it detects that the TV Out adaptor cable is connected to the second head.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

thanks

Comment

i tried that

instead it takes about 30 seconds to even POST with any of the tvo bios installed (tried every single one) and i get no display on the tv head (and i still can use 85Hz refresh in windows onthe primary head)

Comment

Working...
            X