What mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mobile?

My trusty Nokia 5110 died a few days ago and I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms! I need to replace it quick!

I am familiar with the nokia range and fine their software easy to use....

Can anyone recommend a model from a different manufacturer?

I was thinking along the lines of a Siemens SL45 / Sony z5

Anyone got an opinion?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Go for the Sony CMD-Z5

The jog dial makes it the easiest mobile to use and if it's like their older models should prove very reliable.
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

hmm.... i found the scrolling menu a bit harsh on the eyes.....

are there any other models out there????/ like the new 3330?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just stick with the Nokia, good reliable phones.

Rags

Comment

Go ERICSSON

I would recomand you to by an Ericsson R520m or an Ericsson T39m these phones are the best phones on the market... They have, GPRS, Bluetooth, T9, EMS.... Much more fearures than any Nokia will have the next months... It's also much problems with some Nokia models, 3210, 3310/30 & 6210. It is a reason for Nokia starting to loose marketshares now....

NB! Simens SL45 = ALOT of software problems......

For more info:

If you want to wait til November/December...

Comment

You might want to consider not going Ericsson, especially as they have just dropped out of the mobile phone business.

Only recommend Nokia's in for people at work and I've owned three - great phones.
            It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
            Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

What ever happened to good ol' motorola?
              But i find nokia phones to have less problems overall with all their features, motorolas have fewer problems IMHO but they sorely lack a lot of features that nokia has.
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

You might want to consider not going Ericsson, especially as they have just dropped out of the mobile phone business.
                Would you mind documenting statements like these? If you read something actual about this, please post a link to such news. The only thing I could fine was an announcement that Ericsson will be licensing its technology and outsourcing production of handsets, not "dropping out of the mobile phone business".

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
                  Just stick with the Nokia, good reliable phones.

Rags
                  As our company repairs phones I would have to disagree with you on that reliable part!!!!!

If you are going with a nokia phone choose the 6210 model! But my personal recomendation would have to be the Ericsson r520m !
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

i have just got a 3330 nokia, it's a great little phone with lots of features. I have always liked the way nokia phones have an easy to use menu. I had a motorola before but sending text messages was a bit tricky if you didnt know the number off by heart. I had a phillips phone too, it was a simple phone but to big now.

Battery life on the Nokias is awesome too.
                    1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
                    Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
                    Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

I do like the nokia phones, but everyone has one nowadays.... I was looking for something a bit different.

Has the software for the T39 changed over earlier models.... I found the T28 difficult to use....

Has anyone used the Seimens Sl45?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                        I do like the nokia phones, but everyone has one nowadays.... I was looking for something a bit different.

Has the software for the T39 changed over earlier models.... I found the T28 difficult to use....

Has anyone used the Seimens Sl45?
                        I#m still using my good old Nokia 7110, and a little while ago I said that I'd only EVER use a nokia. However, I'm getting bored of this phone (had it since they first were available over here in the UK) and am waiting for the 6310 from Nokia (It's bluetooth, GPRS, HSCSD, voice activated, wap, IR, you name it - it's got it!), however, I've been looking at others today, and there's a new Trium (mitsubishi) coming out soon with a colour screen which looks nice, and the Siemen's new range look very interesting considering they are out now. Gonna have a look at their M45 GPRS model tomorrow.

Otherwise, one of my brothers has the newer Sony phone (J5?) and my other brother, plus a good few people at work have the older sony phone (Z5?) - and I like both of those.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm when does this 6310 come out then?

Comment

Last info that Nokia sent to us is in the end of September! But I'm not promising anything!
                            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                              hmmmmmmmmmmmmm when does this 6310 come out then?
                              Carphone Warehouse told me 'end of year', but they reckon it means end of financial year, so we won't see it till next year, although Nokia's website has said it's been available for ages....

Comment

Working...
                              X