Marvel g200 pci Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel g200 pci Windows 2000

System: Marvel g200 pci NTSC with tuner, g400max agp, oem bx motherboard (latest bios, top pci slot empty), celeron 600, Windows 2000 Pro no ACPI.

Symptoms: Video window is all green unless you drag it to upper left hand corner of desktop where you can see the video, squeezed vertically and pinned to the corner. If you try to view fullscreen, you only see this distorted video in the corner, and the rest is green. Third party cature apps report 0 frames captured. None of these problems are present in Windows 98 (I do remember experiencing something similar with an earlier win98 driver revision before I got my g400 when I tried to use a pci Millennium with my Marvel.) Tested with all Windows 2000 drivers and Videotools, including the patch for tunerless Marvels (some of those users were complaining about similar problems.) Problem persists no matter which display is set as primary (both in bios and win2k), and at all resolutions. I removed all the other pci cards in the system and moved the Marvel around to no avail. I tried fresh installs of win2k both with and without ACPI. I've run pdunistall countless times. I can get the Marvel to work by itself if I cancel out of the g400 driver installation, but it reverts back if I later install the g400 driver. Merely disabling the g400 does no good, if the drivers are there at all its no good. I've also tried using different drivers for each card, 5.39 for the Marvel and 5.52 for the g400.

I believe this is a driver bug due to the aforementioned similar experience with immature win98 drivers.

Matrox tech support reports the same problem in their lab, so its not just my computer: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/004065.html
    Haig suggested a workaround, but it means no tv and multiple displays at the same time.

Any AGP Marvel owners experience this when using a pci matrox card for multiple displays? Anyone have any other ideas?
Working...
X