What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I have problem, I'm running a G400 MAX @ home and in my new school everyone had to build a new computer. We got ATI XPert 2000 Pro 32 MB graphics cards.

My problem is that I can't get the same picture in school as I get at home. When I get there at the morning after using my computer at home I don't like the picture at all. It looks fuzzy and unsharp. After a while I get kinda used to it but the next day it's all the same thing, it's starting to hurt my eyes. I've tried different drivers for the ATI card but it's all the same. I'm using a better monitor at school than the old one I have at home so I thougt the picture would be better....... Both run @ 1024x768x32 @ 75 Hz.

Can anyone please help me, what should I do get the picture better??? The dude sitting next to me sais it's looks perfectly OK to him... I don't get it at all...
    QDI KinetiZ 7E, Athlon XP 1800+, 1 GB PC133 SDRAM, ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB, SB Live! 5.1, Memorex 40x CD-RW, NEC ND-2500A DVD-/+RW, 120 + 80 GB Seagate Barracuda, Windows XP SP1, 17" LG L1710B TFT

ROFLMAO!

Thats normal! The dude next to you propably uses a Gefarce 2mx @ home!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well it's a good job your not using a G450 or G550 at home otherwise you'll be asking for another monitor at school.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ok, I have no idea how you knew it but actually he DOES use a GeForce 2 MX. Is that last quote true and where can I find more information about that? (The one with points 1-5)

I was thinking to buy a MX400 card for better 3D performance but if it's that fuzzy I don't know what to do
        QDI KinetiZ 7E, Athlon XP 1800+, 1 GB PC133 SDRAM, ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB, SB Live! 5.1, Memorex 40x CD-RW, NEC ND-2500A DVD-/+RW, 120 + 80 GB Seagate Barracuda, Windows XP SP1, 17" LG L1710B TFT

Comment

More info over here!

If you want the best 2d image quality go with a G550 and if you are looking for a "gaming" card go with the kyro2 or Radeon DDR (Avoid the ATI if you are using w2k)!

Last edited by Guru; 30 August 2001, 13:45.
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Some time ago, when my company moved to a new building and we were all supplied with new machines (compaq workstations), I complained that the text was all fuzzy and wasn't as clear as my old machine.

The tech support man simply turned the brightness controll down a touch, and all was well with the world.

Comment

It took tech support to address that for you Barry?
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

or wait and hold out until mid sept and get a Raedon 8500, or if you, like me, cant afford it, get a Raedon 7500. Or if Matrox can bust it up, and introduce a DX8 part in time...
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X