What can I expect out of 1.4 T-bird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect out of 1.4 T-bird?

Well once I get this Motherboard thing straigtend out, I'm looking at getting a 1.4 Tbird with AHIA or something like that core. I'm planing on getting a Swiftech MC462A heatsink to go along with it also. So how much of an overclock should I be able to get out of it if everything goes alright?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Wait a bit if you can. Palominos are just around the corner with improved performance, less heat and SSE support.

If you canĀ“t wait, be sure to get one under the latest AMD price drop. $130 for that cpu is a great deal after all.

Comment

Mine does 1.633Gig, but only with the case off. Im only using a copper mini orb, so thats not too bad. I have a 'Y' CPU too.

I run it at 1.4Gig all the time anyway. When I had a Radeon 32DDR in the machine I noticed I was getting pauses every 10 seconds or so in all games. Tried all the different drivers and patches etc. Put the G400 back in and every thing was fine.

Going form 1.4 to 1.633 with a G400 makes NO difference at all in any games I use, and since the hardest thing I do to my computer apart from that is to compile a Delphi project, it doesnt worry me too much.

Looking back, the upgrade from a P3 1Gig to the 1.4gig Athlon was a bad move. No noticable speed difference, and the boot up time is slower with the new motherboard (Gigabyte 7DXR). I do like suspend to RAM though.

For more info, go to the database at www.overclockers.com

Good site for things like this.

Ali

Comment

I've got a 1.2 running at 1.3GHz with no voltage increase and an older PAL 6035 HS(7200rpm delta fan). I'd try higher but that's all my mobo does. If you are expecting a huge 3D speed increase you will be dissapointed.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
        X