Cable modem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable modem question

Boy I'm having a good day....I was having problems with my cable modem last night cutting out intermittly. I left it till this afternoon and now it wont even connect up. I called Comcast@home and they are sending out someone to take a look at it tommorow afternoon. I have a Motorola Surfboard 4100 and the power and recieve lights are lit up and send light blinks, but no online light or activity lights are lit. Every once in while the online/activity lights light up for about 30 seconds and then dim out. Anyone else with the @home service run into anything like this before?

Oh my other bitch is that I ordered the wrong Abit KG-7, I winded up with a normal KG-7 (no not a lite or RAID, which I wanted) and the retailer charges 30% mark up on returns! Oh well something else that needs to get sold

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I have MediaOne by way of Comcast.

I'm using a Toshiba PCX1000. It's been running 24/7 for over a year and it's working great.

It's linked into my lab/home network by way of a Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router/4 port switch/NAT firewall. It also functions as my networks DNS server. GREAT product.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X