Got my G550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my G550

First impressions the display is sharper my G400.
    Under win 98 Wintv no longer allows you to switch to full screen it either hangs or reboots the system. Under win2k it works perfectly without any problems. Turning of resolution change allows full screen but you got a small poxy screen to look at sigh.
    Running 3dmark 2001 on it showed to be slower than my G400 anyway I haven't tweaked it yet since I was messing around trying to get the wintv to work. I may try the older wintv drivers and see if they work.
    Do the new beta drivers work with the G550 out of interest?
    Also a dumb question which connector is the primary?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Which connector is primary depends on what displays are hooked up.
    If it's a single standard VGA, the 15pin is primary
    If it's a single DVI, dual VGA, or DVI + VGA, the DVI is primary
    If it's VGA+TV, hook the VGA to the DVI via the DVI>VGA adapter, and the TV to VGA via the B/O cable.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It's a DVI + VGA.
      Now the next bit is going to worry me if I connect the analogue monitor to the DVI via the supplied adaptor you could use a nornal monitor if I do that I get nothing.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Is that VGA via BNC cables TP?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Either BNC or or the 15 pin connector. However it works happily as 2nd display if you connect another monitor to it once windoze has booted up and you've given it the right info. But I read somewhere on here that someone just plugged there monitor into that using the supplied adaptor and worked striaght away.
          Other things I noted that 3dmark 2001 would crash out if I got fast writes enabled at X4 it would run at X2. Anyway I switched it off in the Bios and it seems to run okay now. It's just the wintv I've got to tackle now and since it's a Via 133a chipset it could be the 686b bug and the sblive messing things up.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Either BNC or or the 15 pin connector. However it works happily as 2nd display if you connect another monitor to it once windoze has booted up and you've given it the right info. But I read somewhere on here that someone just plugged there monitor into that using the supplied adaptor and worked striaght away.
            When the primary is secondary and the secondary is primary.... Whoa here we go again! LOL
            Last edited by Greebe; 29 August 2001, 23:57.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yup it does get confusing I still wonder how the other poster got it working striaght off I suppose they had a different version of the card that I had.
              It confuses things further when Matrox software says you got the monitor on the 2nd display.
              Anyway it works and now I've got to save my pennies for a digital display.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hehe, welcome to the club of confused heads . We shall all wait for a working BIOS and PD.

Comment

Nice to hear from you again gbm. You don't seem tp post much these days.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

try MoreTV, set color mode to YUV and enable YUV overlay for output to enjoy your WinTV in DVD Max mode ...
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I got one too

I tried out a G550 against my G400Max. See quick and dirty Wintune results at http://members.aol.com/riveter/video.jpg
                      Asus P4T w/ P4 1700, 256mb RDRAM, 40.1gb IBM 7200RPM, SB Live, Pioneer 103R DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8424S CDRW, Matrox G400MAX w/DVI module, Compaq TFT8030 LCD

Comment

Still can't the wintv to work properly under 98. I'll pull the soundblaster next time I'm inside the machine replaceing my defunct cdwriter.

The only game I've tried so far is Tigerwoods golf 2001 and this is faster clearer than the G400.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Re: I got one too

Originally posted by Sparko
                          I tried out a G550 against my G400Max. See quick and dirty Wintune results at http://members.aol.com/riveter/video.jpg
                          Oh my god, what a difference !!!
                          I ordered a G550 with a hope that it would be faster or equal to my trusty G400Max, at least on 32bit 2D.

Any other comparison bench test folks ?

Comment

Well I pulled the soundblaster and the wintv still locked up on my going into tv mode with resolution change enabled. Looks like dodgy G550 drivers. Still I'm getting a wintv nova-t soon so hopefully the problem will go with that.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Solved the wintv problem I upgraded to an Epox 8KTHA and it worked striaght away. Crappy Abit board.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X