what's better than the g400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's better than the g400?

ok. i'm sure that there are a LOT of cards that are better than the g400 (like any newer matrox card). but, are there any cards offered by other companies (like nVidia or ATI) that surpass the G400 in every way - specifically, in the 2D department? i do a lot of 2D graphics editing and really like what the g400 can do. however, i am interested in getting a newer card that can actually play 3d games decently. i do not want to downgrade anything on my computer which is why i want a card that is better than the g400 in every way (including dual-head support). in effect, i want a g400 with better 3D. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

jones

Matrox invented DualHead, they lead the industry in it's developement and features...
    No one, to date, can do Everything Matrox does with the DualHead...

I'd say the G550 would be alittle faster than you G400 in Games, depending on Res. and what not...

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

If you love dualhead don't go with another manufacturer. I am missing dual head so much it hurts. (sad hey but it is amazing how much you use it).

I am going to have to make do with two cards and I for some reason am not to keen on that. Two lots of different video drivers in the sytem sounds like trouble to me, unless they are Matrox of course

Comment

Originally posted by Stringy

I'd say the G550 would be alittle faster than you G400 in Games, depending on Res. and what not...

Craig

The G550 is between G400 and G400MAX in 3D-Speed !
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

My 550 is a bit faster in most things than my Max.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
            My 550 is a bit faster in most things than my Max.

Rags
            Bit faster?
            Have you overclocked it?
            550 3d speed should be lower than G400MAX at least in 32bit color deph.
            ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Working...
            X