No colous with Mystique& Rainbow Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No colous with Mystique& Rainbow Runner

I got a second hand Mystique and Rainbow Runner from EBay recently, and I finally got around to trying it out.
    Using the SVHS input connected to one of the Scart sockets on the back of the VCR, I can get a nice sharp picture on the screen, but it's in Black and White only.
    A cursory glance over the control panels and thumb through the manual has drawn me a blank.

Any ideas anyone?

The system is an AMD K6III/475 with 168mb ram, running Windows 98Se, DirectX 8, and the latest versions of the Mystique & RR software.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Sounds like it is either the wring TV format (NTSC or PAL) in the dispaly properties or whatever adapter you are using is either bad or the wrong pinout for the chroma signal. Or the worst case scenario is that it is a bum card.

Does it work with a composite input?

What does the tuner portion look like?
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Well the good news is, it doesnt seem to be the card.
      I plugged the video into the SVHS input on my TV and got the same monochrome display.
      The bad news is, I'm not exactly sure what re-wiring I need to do to get it to work in colour.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

You can't connect a non-Svideo source (like a standard VHS VCR) to the S-Video input of a capture card. SCART doesn't support SVideo anyway, you'd need a seperate 5-pin mini-din to mini-din lead.

Try linking the VCR to the composite-in sockets on the RR instead of the S-video socket. For our american cousins, the SCART doesn't really apply, since this type of plug/socket is extremely rare over there.

BTW Rich, congratulations on your purchase - the RR-S is possibly the best budget hardware MJPEG card ever made. The Ulead MSPro 2.5 that it was supplied with is an excellent editor, and although the later versions (now up to 6.n and climbing) are more feature-rich, the 2.5 version is about as intuitive as an advanced editing package can get. If you didn't get a full software package with your purchase, let me know.

Chris
        (This_Idiot)

Comment

Working...
        X