New monitor advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New monitor advice needed!

Thinking about changing my "old" Panasonic PanaSync S70 (17" 1024*768 85Hz) to a 19" one here are the models that I had in mind!

LG CRT-Monitor 99G 19"

LG FLATRON 995FT 19"

LG FLATRON 915FTP 19"

My Q. is: Is it worth spending ~82$ more on the FLATRON? If yes is it worth spending an aditional ~65$ on the 915FTP model?

Anyone here have any expirience with the LG flatron models?

EDIT: The 915FTP has a 5BNC connector but I don't know if I would benifit(???????) from that since I have a monitor switch box connected to the monitor! The g cards used (at the moment) is a G200 Millenium in my server and a G400 max in my "games" computer!

EDIT #2:This could also be an option cost the same as the 915FTP!
    Last edited by Guru; 28 August 2001, 13:11.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

get a CTX with a Sony Trinitron FD tube.... they are daaaamn nice. (I've seen one in operation, and my sony trinitron pre-FD looked like crap compared to it ).

Comment

prices are in DM, dont know what that is in finish currency

Comment

No Sony for me since they are expencive and the 2-5 black horisontal lines over the tube anoys the hell out of me!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I think there was a thread about LG monitors that was posted not to long ago... anyone care to dig it up?
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Originally posted by cbman
            I think there was a thread about LG monitors that was posted not to long ago... anyone care to dig it up?
            I konw 17" models!

I will order a new one tomorrow not sure what model yet but I think it will be the915FTP one!

Anyone know if I will benifit from the BNC connectors?

BTW can I conect one comp to the dsub and the other to the bnc a the same time as is possible on some monitors?

Comment

No Sony for me since they are expencive and the 2-5 black horisontal lines over the tube anoys the hell out of me!
              With some of your postings, you too annoy the hell out of many of us, but at least we have grown accustomed to you... the same can be said for someone using a trinitron type crt
              Last edited by Greebe; 29 August 2001, 09:25.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Just get the Cornerstone p1460. Flat screen without the black horizontal lines at any resolution and the best picture quality you've ever seen.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  Just get the Cornerstone p1460. Flat screen without the black horizontal lines at any resolution and the best picture quality you've ever seen.

Jammrock
                  No distributor in Finland!

Comment

Disty in Finland

If you contact our Cornerstone office in the U.K. at
                    +44-(0)-1530-274121 or e-mail ablack@cptmail.com

They can help you get our products in Finland.

Jim Witkowski
                    Chief Hardware Engineer
                    Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com
                    Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com

Comment

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                      X