Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion ... ?

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Re: Fusion ... ?

[i]
    The chip will sell for less than $1,000 at introduction, the company said. But while the Fuzion 150 is targeted to debut as a high-end chip, price reductions are expected to make it a commodity product within one or two generations of process technology, the company said.
    Don't think it has anything to do with M but who knows!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hmmm...

single-instruction multiple-data (SIMD) parallel-processing IC will include 24 Mbits of on-chip DRAM
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Isn't that article from 1999 ?
        :::muted:::

Comment

Aren't the G800 rumours from 1999 ...
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

!
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Related stuff...

Interesting - I assume the link between that story and M is the mysterious 'fusion' products listed in the drivers a few times?

Pixelfusion is now called Clearspeed, and since that eet story was published they have been drifting away from graphics and towards the networking market.

I doubt their tech would be usefull to Matrox, but even if it was/is still relevant, I think that there are other graphics companies with closer links to pixelfusion. Pixelfusion were related to inmos, which was a subsiduary of STMicroelectronics, who manufacture and market Imagination Technologie's powerVR based KYRO chips. So we might as well be speculating that Pixelfusion tech will appear in the Kyro 7 when it arrives

Lemmin

Comment

Con-dom?

System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

nope, Matrox has nothing to do with that company.

I know for sure that...

But interesting fact is, that Petri Nordlund from Bitboys said in his Assembly presentation that they have major partner at Bristol and that's why they have oppened Office there...

How many that kind of companies are at Bristol? I don't think many...

and by the way, that PixelFuzion 150 chip didn't make to market. it's history is about the same as Glaze3D's...
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

Here's what fusion is..

It's a chip that contain nucleur elements inside to dramatically increase 3D performance by a factor of 1000%

Now the chip itself is divided into two elements Uranium and platonium. When a game such a Quake is initialized a signal is sent to the chip causing a reaction which generates a huge amount of heat and energy needed to process 3D. The resulting frame rates far exceed that of the current set of chips, try something like 500 -1000 fps.

Ok enough BS, who knows what Fusion is

Regards,
                    Elie

Comment

I think Bristol (brizzle) used to be the home of Inmos, the company that designed the Transputer. Now that was a chip to get excited about

regards MD
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Fusion is dead and has been for a long while now.. it was being considered, but then nV pulled their shit and it went down the drain.

What it is, I cannot say tho, sorry
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

????

Well Greebe, since its "dead" now, then can tou perhaps tell us some more details about "Fusion", and what it was suposed to be, and what it was based on....

Comment

Let me repeat...

What it is, I cannot say tho, sorry
                            Go ask nV, they have it now
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X