Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a Palomino?

I'm running a T-Bird 1333 AYHJA.
    Is it really a Palomino core CPU in my box?

See here: http://www.plasma-online.de/index.ht...u_amd_k7x.html

AKAA stepping
    AKAA - Duron -700MHz
    AKBA - Duron -700MHz
    AKCA - Duron 800MHz+
    AMCA - Duron

AXIA - Athlon T-Bird
    AXIAR - Athlon Palomino
    AXHA - Athlon T-Bird
    AYHJA - Athlon Palomino
    AVIA - Athlon T-Bird
    AVFA - Athlon T-Bird
    AHEA - Athlon T-Bird
    AEEA - Athlon T-Bird
    ADFA - Athlon T-Bird
    AGGA - Athlon T-Bird
    AGBC - Athlon MP
    AGFC - Athlon MP
    ARGA - Athlon Palomino
    BXHA - Athlon T-Bird
    BVFA - Athlon T-Bird
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

I don't think they make 1.33GHz Palminos, only 1GHz and 1.2GHz at the moment!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

In the computer shop where I work part-time, allmost all the thunderbirds we sell are AYHJA.... but the core has the exact same size and voltage as other thunderbird cores, so I don't think that it's a palomino core.

Comment

Athlon

AMD doesn't make 1,333Ghz Palomino processors. They will be availeble in 1,5Ghz in a couple og weeks......

The only Palomino processors today are Athlon 4 for the mobile market, and Athlon MP for workstation/server market, but the highest model is 1,2Ghz!

He he!! Looking forward to december/january, then AMD will release their Thoroughbread core.... 0,13micron version of Athlon.... = 2,0Ghz here I come!!!

Comment

Seeing is believing.

Well I dunno (and that site probably doesn't either) how to answer you from the information you've given. If you're brave enough to remove the heatsink (don't do it), here is the actual physical difference between the Thunderbird and the Palomino cores...

Thunderbird:

Palomino (Athlon MP):

When I first saw this, I thought they had actually gone ahead and added L2 cache to the Palomino core (this was the server chip, after all), and tweaked their process somewhat (to perhaps .15) because the width of the Palomino core is less, but it is taller, and occupies about 8% more total area than the Tbird core. The decrease in width would be about right for a process shrink and the added area at the bottom would be about enough to add another 256k of cache. Sadly, this wasn't the case. They just moved things around a bit. No .15. No 512k cache. Damn..
          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 27 August 2001, 17:35.

Comment

The obvious difference is that the Palomino has a hell of a lot more bridges. The question is, have people figured out what they're for yet?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've seen it.

Yes, I've seen it, because I assambled it, myself, with a Thaisol760092 cooler, and mine is like the 1st picture=Thunderbird.

The text on my processor is:
              "A1333 AMS3C
              AYHJA 0124 APDN
              1999 AMD"

If I'd trust http://www.plasma-online.de/index.ht...u_amd_k7x.html it means, my CPU data are:
              Athlon 1333MHZ
              PGA, 1.75 V, 95°C Case temp, L2=256 kByte, FSB 266
              stepping AYHJA, manufactured year 2001, week 24, APDN (????)

I do not care if it is a Palomino or not. When I bougt it, I ordered an Athlon T-Bird 1333 AYHJA. I run it as 1333@1333.

The site above, and just the reference to the AYHJA stepping made me confused, but I'm quit satisfied with my CPU as is.

To be a german site it should be more exact, based on facts

Fred H
              Last edited by Fred H; 28 August 2001, 00:05.

Comment

If you want to oc it unfortunately the second line (which is against popular belief as important as the first one) begins with a 9 and not an "Y", so this core will make about 1500MHz, the "Y" ones should quite easily go to 1600-1800MHz.

But it's NOT a "la Paloma" (Palomino ) in either case....
                Last edited by Indiana; 29 August 2001, 13:11.
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

I do not care if it is a Palomino or not. When I bougt it, I ordered an Athlon T-Bird 1333 AYHJA. I run it as 1333@1333.
                  and
                  but I'm quit satisfied with my CPU as is.
                  I am definitly not an OC.
                  So, I was just wondering...

Fred H

Comment

Working...
                  X