"Shimmering" effect w/ Radeon on Trintron Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shimmering" effect w/ Radeon on Trintron Monitors

First off, let me start this post by saying that I had said when I first got my radeon, I couldn't see any "shimmering" that I heard so much about. Unfortunately, I can honostly say that I can now see it constantly and it is drving me crazy! It's only with black backgrounds. Any icon, text, or anything for that matter has a HUGE shimmering effect around it. I have tried to fix it with no such luck. If anyone has any Ideas, I would be forever greatful

I have tried the registry fix, that didn't help. I have played with all of my monitor settings over and over again and nothing helps. God, I have thought of putting my G400 back in just so I dont have to look at the shimmering. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

A couple of the Radeon Tweakers are supposed to be able to fix this problem but I can't remember which ones. I think that this one has a fix for it:

I was under the impression that the newer drivers were supposed to have gotten rid of the problem. But, I could be wrong.

Comment

Been there, done that. I've tried both Radeon Tweakers. As far as the new drivers fixing the problems, I still see it. Thanks for trying.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Sounds like you'll have to put your G400 back in. Do you know if anyone else has got a trinton monitor that you could try your card with? If it's suddenly started it sounds like your card has gone faulty.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Not always... just a few months ago, i suddenly couldn't stand 75hz. I had gone somewhere, so I was away from any computer screen for a week. Than I came a back home to look at my 1152x864 @ 75hz desktop. I couldn't stand it, it was soo friggin flickery (Viewsonic E771). I immediately put the res down and the refresh up to 1024x768@85hz and everything seemed "normal" to me. I then tried 1024x768@75hz as an experiment and I couldn't stand the lower refresh.

Before I usually couldn't (or on the occasion, very barely) even tell the difference between 75hz and 85hz. Now I can't stand *any* monitor >17" screen with a refresh rate less than 85hz. I'm currently thinking of getting a monitor that'll let me do 100hz, to ease my eyes even more.
          Primary system specs:
          Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Working...
          X