Fujitsu stops making 3,5 IDE HDD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fujitsu stops making 3,5 IDE HDD's

Fujitsu has decided to stop making 3,5 IDE Harddrives because the profits are to low.

This is a bad trend!

It will probably mean that hdd prices will go up for a while!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Fujitsu is trying to keep afloat...

They are Cutting 16,000 JOBS...that's a bunch...

Besides, Fujitsu is definitely an also-ran in the HDD market.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Technoid did you actualy use there hd's?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

MultimediaMan, that's one huge signature you've got!

Comment

The Fujitsu plant in my area either already cut a lot of its work force or was going to when AMD bought the plant. Don't know what's going to happen now though.

Man, hopefully things will pick up soon, because my town has a population of ~60,000 and probably 30,000 are employed by the tech industry. Every week there are people taking either forced vacations or unpaid time off and news of one of the plants laying off a good chunk of people.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
            Technoid did you actualy use there hd's?
            No, I'm using IBM DTLA's (Got two shit refurbished in my raid )

BUT it's always bad when we loose a brand...

it makes the other brands less inclined to compete...
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yep.

I wonder what drive is going to take over as the low end staple of the market now.
              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
              X