Help! My UT.ini Got Corrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My UT.ini Got Corrupted

I don't know how I did it, but my UnrealTournament.ini file essentially got erased! The game played fine earlier in the day, then on reloading this evening I got a critical error message: "cant find ini.Engine.Engine.Game Engine". I opened the ini file and found the Engine.Engine section was empty and as well the entire file was only 1K in size.
    I can't seem to locate a backup copy of that file anywhere (bangs head against desk). If anyone can send me a copy of their file, I could use it to rebuild mine (I think).
    I tried reloading the 4.36 patch thinking that my .ini would rebuild to a default, but that didn't work. I would really like to avoid a completely fresh re-install from the CD...
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Beez,
    I sent you a copy of mine. Check your email.

Oboy
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

That did the trick! Just plugged your file into my system folder and I was back in business.
      Once it was running, all I had to do was adjust the resolution, details, and brightness to my liking.

Thanks much, Oboy.

Now to make a copy and keep it in a safe place...
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Small tip

If u get a prob with ut.ini in the future & you are unable to save it (redoing the settings) just delete or move the ut.ini to a different place & then restart UT - it will then make itself a completely new ut.ini - all u have to do then is edit the setings to your own prefs

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X