Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 + W2K + YUY2

Hello' fellow Marvelers...

I just want to ask you a question about Marvel G200, YUY2 & Win2K... actually I posted these question in some other threads, but probably they were a bit old and nobody jumped in (Yet :-)

This was my original post:

I have just installed the "leaked" VT + Drivers downloaded from the MURC's Video Tools section but... I have no YUY2 option enabled in the capture panel of AVI_IO nor other capture application, including PC-VCR...

I wonder how comes some of you (Andy W ?) have those options enabled! Lucky you, but please, can you tell me EXACTLY where you got those leaked drivers?

I have an italian PAL Marvel G200 TV, and installed in italian language all the software...

Also, while the filename of VT says it's V 2.04.005, when I ask for more information in the "Applications" control panel (the one used to deinstall application), the pop-up-box says it's V2.04.0003... anybody caan you check yours, please?

I would be much grateful if I can get some clue to this mess' solution... I just want YUY2 and be happy! :-)

thanks a lot in advance

Cheers! Joe Daring
    ...and this is my second post on the same subject...

Hi forumers...

Just an update to my msg above:

Remember I have a PAL marvel G200 TV (Tuner was added later),
    and that I was trying to make it work in W2K, possibly with YUY2 capture capabilities.

Well, I tried to install the leaked drivers after having installed the official ones, and I wasn't able to see any YUY2 option showing in PC-Vcr, nor in AVI_IO (3.19 trial). After several trials, I eventually screwed-up the registry (trying to clean it up from any reference at matrox's stuff), and could not get the VT installation to work anymore (complaining about not being able to access 1040.something file).

So I decided to do a clean re-install of my system and started with everything fresh today. I also installed the English version of the leaked VT, instead of the Italian version I used to install previously.

Surprise! PC-Vcr has now MJPeg & YUY2 option available, with YUY2 only at full frame size, as reported by Andy W.

Beside this, when I started AVI_IO the first times, in the VidCap setup panel, no YUY2 option was shown, and there was a blank space between the three RGB options and the MJPEG one... BUT NO ONE OF THESE FOUR OPTION WAS CHECKED, AND WHEN i TRIED TO OPEN THE SETUP PANEL WITHOUT CHECKING ANYTHING, THE YUY2 SETUP OPTIONS POPPED-UP WITH SOME DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS AVAILABLE!!!

I did just a quick capture with this set-up, and it worked, even if my system didn't keep the pace with full YUY2 frame size...

Afterwards, I selected MJPEG and tried to capture some footage: everything was fine, but now... I CANNOT SWITCH BACK IN YUY2 MODE IN THE VIDCAP PANEL! OK, I know there's no button for YUY2, I said this myself ;-) but I hoped that setting YUY2 in the PC-Vcr panel (Yes, the option is still there and it works, even if the whole PC-Vcr is very unstable) would have set YUY2 for VidCap back into operation.

I've given a peek to the registry and I can see a "Colormode" setting which changes when I change options in PC-Vcr or in the Vidcap driver, but setting it to "YUY2" has no effect: MJPEG shows selected in the VidCap Panel!

Anybody has any sensible comment on this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, a couple more questions:

1- Does anybody have the "Station" menu in AVI_IO working? Mine is greyed out, but switching to TV as an input works, and I can even change channels! Does this means that AVI_IO doesn't support TV mode of the Matrox cards?

2- I have an UDMA-66 disk drive... what speed should I expect from it? MatroxHDBenchMark rates it slightly more than 10Mb/sec... is that roughly correct, or should I expect something better?

As usual, thanks to everybody willing to reply/comment!

Best regards and have a great weekend, folks!

Joe Daring, Italy

[Italian Mode: ON]

Premetto che ho una Marvel G400 e non una G200... Da quanto ho capito non hai utilizzato i file che sono stati messi online ma hai installato tu stesso le Videotools 2.04.005 (leaked)... Il problema potrebbe essere proprio questo... (il processo di installazione rileva la marvel G200 e installa una diversa versione del fill rrvcap32.dll probabilmente..)

Dai un'occhiata (e magari scarica i file che sono relativi alla versione italiana..) alla guida che ho scritto sul nostro sito... La pagina che ti interessa è questa http://www.videoin.f2s.com/marvel/Win2k/Windows2k.htm

Ho ricevuto conferma da altri utenti della G200 del perfetto funzionamento del formato YUY2 e non vedo quindi perchè non debba essere lo stesso anche con la tua scheda..

[Italian Mode: Off]

bye
    T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
    Italian Editing Video Forum

Comment

Ciao T-REX, e grazie per la risposta...

Other users, please, forgive some Italian :-)

proprio oggi, dopo aver disinstallato le precedenti versioni di drivers/Vt, ho installato le "Official" e poi eseguito le modifiche seguendo la tua pagina (bel lavoro, comunque!)...

Purtroppo funziona L'Mjpeg, ed e' gia' una bella cosa, ma non l'YUY2, che non compare in AVI_IO :-(

Sei proprio SICURO che qualche utente G200 l'ha vista funzionare in YUY2???

Sarebbe bello saperlo e magari contattarlo!

Grazie ancora!!

Bye everybody, Thanks for your patience!

Joe Daring

Comment

Ciao T-REX, e grazie per la risposta...

Other users, please, forgive some Italian :-)

proprio oggi, dopo aver disinstallato le precedenti versioni di drivers/Vt, ho installato le "Official" e poi eseguito le modifiche seguendo la tua pagina (bel lavoro, comunque!)...

Purtroppo funziona L'Mjpeg, ed e' gia' una bella cosa, ma non l'YUY2, che non compare in AVI_IO :-(

Sei proprio SICURO che qualche utente G200 l'ha vista funzionare in YUY2???

Sarebbe bello saperlo e magari contattarlo!

Grazie ancora!!

Bye everybody, Thanks for your patience!

Joe Daring

Comment

Joe contattami per e-mail cosi' faremo alcuni test per vedere qual'è il problema..

L'indirizzo, che comunque trovi anche sul sito è Raptor@videoin.f2s.com
          T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
          Italian Editing Video Forum

Comment

Working...
          X