killer machine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killer machine question

(sorry for crossposting, want to get the video-junkies' advice too)

how good is the G400's OpenGL (3D studio max) performance?

we will be needing to piece together a moderately killer machine at work (web firm) for video work and 3d at the same time. (and multimonitor if that is doable--i know the marvel g400, the second output can only be a video signal which is disappointing)

a quote on the rt2000 is $2050 canadian, sheesh. and while i think it's overkill for the buck right now, as there are no projects on our plate right now that make extensive use of 3d OR video. but we are buckling down and purchasing max and character studio...fortunately the boss is willing to buy higher end for a project if that will pay for it, and we don't go nickel-and-diming in terms of piece-meal solutions/technology.

if the g400 isn't up to snuff 3dwise...($2000 is an awful lot too) can someone suggest another good dv/analog video solution? (PLEASE i don't want to use the G4 and final cut pro @_@!)

hmm...i was thinking nvidia quadro ($800-900US?) and a miro card of some kind then...

any ideas? help is appreciated...thanks.

(will dualhead work in this case, for multimonitor, win98-style? multiple windows for director, max, premiere?) ...we will be using NT4.0 or 2000.
    ==
    "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24
Working...
X