Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 don't like my system :(

K chaps!

My G400 dualhead loves a fresh install of 98se! but not ME for some reason? i get the old shutdown BSOD and it will not go away no matter which patch or fix i use

so... im using 98se and after a clean install it works great! then i install all my apps etc and after a few days, i cold boot the syste, and get artifacts on my screen and to get ridd of em i have to re-format again (

here's my system specs:

Abit KT7 bios 3R
    Duron 900@900
    Enermax 330watt psu
    Globalwin FOP 32-1 with 60mm delta fan
    3x 128mb pc133 ram
    Pioneer 16x slot dvd
    Teac cdrw
    SBlive 1024
    Maxtor 40gig ata100
    Samsung 20gig ata66
    3Com 10x100 nic

i havent got any irq conflicts and this system had a tv-card and a scsi card in it along with an agp voodoo3! iv'e upset the apple cart when i bought a geforce mx400 and the system went nuts after two weeks then i got the dualhead card for the output to tv's etc

any help would be great thanx

J

Re: G400 don't like my system

Originally posted by Elecktroblaster

i havent got any irq conflicts and this system had a tv-card and a scsi card in it along with an agp voodoo3! iv'e upset the apple cart when i bought a geforce mx400 and the system went nuts after two weeks then i got the dualhead card for the output to tv's etc

any help would be great thanx

J
    Lets see the voodoo did not work the Gefart did not work and now you have problems with the G400????

It sounds more like there is some thing wrong with the rest of the system! Bad sectors on the hd, broken mem etc. have you run any kind of diagnostic software on the sys? PC check for example.

The
    old shutdown BSOD
    has nothing to do with the graphics card!

What vga driver version are you using also what version of the high-point driver are you using? At what cas latency are you runing the memory? Have you checked the disk for errors?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

i can hardly make out this text now ( ARRRGGGHHHH!

the maxtor drive is a only a few months old and hasn't had any problems with the voodoo3 and winME, the samsung has been good and its getting around 2 years old now!

my ram is nearly new also and i have tested it in other systems without any problems!

i thought the shutdown problem was cuased by the matrox under ME? thats what al these fixes and patches seem to imply?

this problem seems to happen over time and used to happen to my old k62 i had, on a pc-chips board LOL! didnt have that board for long i can tell you!!!!

Comment

I just had a thought!

could it be a bug with the hard drive cache?

iv'e heard about updates that sort this problem out????

also! it seems this gfx glitch is linked to mu mouse! i can open windows and it will go away for a few seconds or until the next time i do somthing etc

i have already used pc-check it and it found no problems!

but i didnt do a full-on diagnostic which i should really...
        hopefully it will find the problem!!

Comment

So you are using the latest Matrox drivers?
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I recomend you do a full memorytest with pc check to find out if it's working corectly at the speed you are runing it!

To find out if you have all updates installed use http//:windowsupdate.microsoft.com and http://updates.cnet.com

Comment

You run Norton Antivirus?

If so, disable scan floppy on shutdown.

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X