Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV tuner software that supports overlay/DVDMax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV tuner software that supports overlay/DVDMax?

I'm using a Hauppage WinTV with my G400DH card. The bulk of my AV equipment is set up with Svid cabling.

The problem I'm having is that I'd really like to be able to hook my older VCR (composite only) up without having to go through cable acrobatics everytime I want to watch an old movie. Running the VCR into the Hauppage card works fine, but I can't seem to find a program that triggers the DVDMax option to get a nice clear picture out on the TV. Dscaler leaves an really ugly 3" band on the left side and bottom of the screen, and it's about the only hald decent program I've been able to find.

I can use the apps that came with the Hauppage card, but they just run 640x480 full screen...not using the DVDMax option.

Rags had mentioned using a program that supports overlay (which I thought included Dscaler)...but I'm at a loss as to what else to try.
    Games Box
    --------------
    Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
    ------
    Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
    -------------
    Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Hi DarkSyd,

for analog TV in PAL countries I recommend either MoreTV or MultiDec, but sadly, I'm totally lost when it's about NTSC support.

Maybe you could ask the author's of those apps about support for NTSC or even better ask Hauppauge's tech support to imply the proper overlay mode that triggers DVD Max ?

TechnoTrend was so kind to imply it into their DVB-s software and it's really nice to have.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Try this one ... http://www.borgtech.org/btv/

bTV Professional

bTV is a TV tuner program which works on TV tuner cards with BT848/878 chip.
      It can replace original TV tuner software which is often a royal piece of crap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features
      Incredibly easy to use
      Real 50 Hz picture refreshment (60 Hz for NTSC)
      High picture resolution up to 912x758 pixels (752x480 for NTSC)
      Supports NTSC, NTSC Japan, PAL B/D/G/H/I, PAL M, PAL N & Secam systems
      Supports stereo sound: A2, A2 Korea, A2 DK, BTSC, Nicam BG, Nicam DK, Nicam I, Nicam L
      (stereo sound only available when your tv card has such option)
      Multilanguage teletext decoder (browsable as webpage in separate windows)
      Built-in deinterlace (line doubler) gives you even better picture quality
      Independent settings (brightness, volume, tv system, etc.) for each program
      Support for many remote controls
      Works well in Windows NT and Windows 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware requirements
      PCI TV tuner based on BT848/849/878/879 chip.
      Graphics AGP card with YUY2 overlay (most modern cards can handle this)
      64MB RAM
      If you want to use any picture processing, 300 MHz processor or faster (with MMX)
      Looks good so far, let me know if it works ...
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
      X