a7v133-c problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a7v133-c problem

I have been on holiday and haven't been keeping up with the news and at the weekend purchased a new mobo.

Asus a7v133-c (bios 1005a)
    1.4 athlon
    256mb
    sb 5.1 value
    g200 agp (waiting for a worthwhile upgrade)
    win me/98

The system installs ok but when I run the sb install program the system freezes upon recognition of the soundblaster. A hard reset is the only way to recover the system.
    Upon reset the system knows there is a soundblaster present (system properties) but it won't allow any sound saying there is not a soundcard present. I have checked for shared interupts and can find none.
    I have tried all of the pci slots for the card and set pci 3 with irq 5 reserved but still nothing.

Can anyone help me out please as I don't want to have to trash the system.

A frustrated breezer.
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Instal the newest BIOS form www.asuscom.de, and then go to www.viahardware.com and download & install VIA 4 in 1 driver ver 1.32 FINAL

That should perhaps solve your problem!

Comment

Yes make sure you install the latest 4-1 because the A7V133 uses the 686B southbridge. Install them before running the install.

And one more question, could you check if that sb live works on another system? It could be a bad card.

I´m still at bios 1004, everything works fine, and I´ve already learned my lesson about upgrading Asus bios without needing it. 1005"A" seems like a beta bios to me. I know 1006 betas are already on ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...Apollo_KT133A/

but use it at your own risk...

Comment

breezer, have you got any other pci cards installed when trying to install the live? usually irq5 is used by sb emulation & the
        sb live another irq!

Comment

Working...
        X