• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambus...

Hmm looks like Rambus is in more trouble

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

I see RAMBUS in very big trouble. Especially when Intel starts producing DDR P4 chipsets.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

AH...hehehehe he said RAMBUTTS....heheheheh

Just goes to show, what goes around comes around

RAMBUS is now getting what they tried to force on the consumer and the Industry right back in their own BUTTZ....LOL

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

It just figures. We blast them for the retarded pricing, and for it being rammed down our throats by Intel, and now FINALLY when it drops so much that its actually affordable (and it does perform well, so I considered it), NOW they begin to die.

Bart
        Bart

Comment

RAMBUS sucks, Playstation 2 rocks!

The only good RAMBUS is in PS2's, but this is just my opinion.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And in N64's, I think.

Rambus isn't a useless technology. The single chips that are present in the consoles are put to good use.

But putting them onto a RIMM and putting them in most PC's is a bad idea.
            1) The RIMM's have an awful manufacturing process. Yield sucks, hence part of the high pricing.

2) Most people will need the lower latency over the bandwidth

3) Newer chipsets (such as the nForce) have dual SDRAM channels. Yes, that means we once again have to buy RAM sticks in matching pairs, but hey, double your bandwidth.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X