Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Tools 1.55, macrovision & Sergio Valentino

Hi,

I saw the very good job done by Sergio Valentino, concerning the macrovision patch for the video tool under Win2000.
    Is it possible to make a macrovision patch for the VideoTool 1.55.043 (french & english version) under Win98 ?

If you don't have time to do that Sergio, could you tell us how to do the patching work ?
    Thanks

In an old thread you can find how to remove Macrovision.. (the author is cods )

Change bold values in the following files with a hex editor....

RRAPI.DLL
    ---------
    00 00 85 C0 75 13 83 7D 94 00 74
    becomes
    00 00 85 C0 EB 13 83 7D 94 00 74

VCAP16.DLL
    ----------
    83 7E EE 00 75 06 83 7E F0
    becomes
    83 7E EE 00 90 90 83 7E F0

A freeware Hex editor is XVI32 that you can download here: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delp...32.htm#download . It allows to search Hex strings and so is easy to find the value that you have to change..

This "patch" works only with Win9x/Me Videotools
    T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
    Italian Editing Video Forum

Comment

Hi,
      At first I connect a DVDplayer on my computer and when I tryed to reccord the video with PC-VCR, I had the message "Copy protection detected, you can't reccord a video from this source"

So with an hexagonal editor I changed the value indicated. I did that on the RRAPI.DLL and VCAP16.DLL coming from the Video Tools 1.55 (french) already patched to activate the YUV function.
      I replace the original file by the patched one.

I tryed again reccording a DVD with the PC-VCR soft and it WORK !!!!

Thanks a lot for the solution.

Comment

Working...
      X