Suddenly can't connect to G@H??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly can't connect to G@H??

System here at work has been running along just fine using HTTPort to bypass our local firewall. Suddenly I can't connect to G@H anymore. I changed the proxy address and it still won't connect.

I'm running the 0.99 G@H client and I'm getting a Network Setting Error.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Have you retried today?
    I tried to connect all last night on all my machines and couldn't get a WU to send. I'm assuming they were having server problems or doing maintenance. I just sent a few wu's 2 minutes ago and the servers seem to be fine now.
    Pete

Comment

Yeah, tried this morning and still get the same.

amish

Comment

Are you using IE ?
        I f you are did you check the IP Address under Ie properties LAN settings?
        When I was using HTTP Port with our proxy my lan settings under IE would get changed to lacal.host instead of my IP address every once and a while for some unknown reason then I would get "Network setting error".

Comment

I don't use the Proxy server for IE. I just use it so that G@H can get around our firewall.

amish

Comment

Anyone else have any help??

amish

Comment

Let me guess you have used it for 30days?
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Used what for 30 days?

AFAIK, HTTPort doesn't have an expiry.

amish

Comment

Seems it does but, it doesn't say so any where about 30 days as far as I can see. I looked into it last night at their site since I had definitely used mine for 30 days and they mention the price of running servers that are 5 times faster or something to that effect but I can't see where they mention a 30 day period (although I didn't read every little thing as I had to get home).
                  To become a "priviliged" registered user you have to pay a monthly fee of $9.95 US
                  I think I will stick with a dial-up connect to send G@H as long I still have one available.
                  Pete

Comment

It stoped working for Team_DGC after ~30 days!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I've been using it for ~3 months now and it's still working.
                      Sometimes it gives me errors though, but if I restart it it launches a web page, where I can download a new "something".lst (can't remember the exact name) and then it works again.

It's VERY slow though, every dl/ul thread only gives me ~1KB/5KB per second.

Kim
                      P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                      Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

It launches and runs fine. G@H just won't/can't connect to the server...

amish

Comment

Mine quit after 30 days too Guru. I just never noticed actual amount of time I had it installed until seeing your post. I just tried to run it again Wednesday to try registering and the settings all show up correct but the little meter shows NA or something to that effect and has since the thirty day period was over. If you go to their site it says that the prog will send everything through their server and make any addresses you visit untraceable similar to an anomymizer but better. Anyway- I un/re-installed it and got the same results and I know my network settings are correct as our network is pretty simple other than having to setup a proxy to get to our sattelite for internet access.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X