Win 2k and MSP6 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2k and MSP6 settings

All right the good news first, I installed Win2k and it seems to be performing well. I did the leaked drivers patch and have MJPEG HW compression working well, so far. I want to know what my Ulead32.ini file settings should be. Would they be the same as with Win9x? I ask this because I tried my old favorite settings and there seems to be some small problems. With Win9x any video clip that was played, be it from the timeline or source window the last frame would stay displayed on my TV monitor. Now it seems that only the source monitor does this and anytime that I switch to the timeline monitor it has that anoying delay. here is what I changed:

[Playback]
    ;PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
    ;PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
    ;PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll

[HardwareAcc]
    AviPlayEngineMCI=1
    HwCodecID=dmb1
    ;AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1
    DisableAcc1=0
    ;RecompressWhenScrubbing=1

I also tried enabling keep last frame but it had no change.

Any ideas?
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Did you enable DualHead/DVDMax in the display drivers yet?

Even with that you won't get scrubs from the preview window to work. The drivers use DirectShow while MSPro6's scrubs use VfW.

Changing the Preview's use of VfW for scrubs to DirectShow is being worked on by Ulead, but for now....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 August 2001, 12:54.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, I did enable DVD/MAX. I also noticed that when playing a movie in WinDVD I had to use the preserve source cropping or else I got some green nastiness in the black area outside of the actual video. It distorts the image for 16:9 ratios, but I don't use my PC to watch movies anyway. Of course I am going through all of this again anyway since I blew the original install. As a matter of fact it just finished, I get to install all of that crap again now.

Later
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

The major problem with DVDmax is the optimum settings for playback depend on what type of AVI or MPEG is being played.

Some are mutually in compatible. DV playback is terrible if Feild based scaling is unchecked. VCD MPEG1 is terrible if is checked.

But since DVDmax works "underneath" the playing application this info may not be available. I'd like to see these settings as menu items in the Powerdesk menu instead of having to drill down into the properties box to change them. Most of the other PD menu items could go away and I'd never miss them.

--wally.

Comment

Doc

Changing the Preview's use of VfW for scrubs to DirectShow is being worked on by Ulead, but for now....
          Is this part of the improvements in MSP 6.5? If so , I might be placing an order today. I also noticed that the upgrade price is only $99! I might do it anyway.

Is the upgrade just a patch or is it a full install?

Should I uninstall the old version or does it install over top of it?

Does it work with mPEGG encoder?

Have you ever used Win98lite? I am considering making a bootable disc with it just for editing. I figure if I make a nice streamlined install it should be pretty zippy. I really like Win2k, but I still can't get MSP6 to act as well as it does in Win98SE.

Comment

Working...
          X