Timezone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezone

I've always been told that i was in -5GMT timezone, but when i compare the time at home and the time on the forums there's a 1h difference. That's solved by changing to -4GMT. After i checked 4 site to check quebec timezone and 3 on 4 say's that quebec is in -5GMT zone and only one say's it's in -4GMT. Is there a way to know for sure which one the good one?

sites i visited

Gavangar's Great Adventure: World Time Zone Data

www.worldclocks.com

timezones

Greenwich Time: Time Zones

Spazm

P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

After reading 6-7 times the canada timezone explanation on greenwich time i've finaly understood that we've got a mixed timezone of -4 and -5... i've checked in my profile and i have'nt seen any option to automate the timeshift... is there a way that it can be done?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

You're in -5:00 GMT, but because of "Daylight Savings Time" affecting it. it places you in -4:00 GMT. I haven't seen a means of adjusting this on the forums either.

This should be in Site Feedback, but...

Ant?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LOL. I would'nt make Ant work on it but it would be an handy option for sure. Especially for people (like me) who forgot to adjust their watch twice a year.

Btw thank for the explanation... it must make's at least 4 year that i've been wondering what was the "Daylight Savings Time" option was used for.

Spazm

Comment

You think that's odd try living in Indiana (or Arizona or Hawaii)... we don't (didn't... don't live their now obviously have DST... but instead of having to remember changing our watches/clocks twice a year, everyone and everything (almost... National TV programming sure did) around us changed. So in the summer we were in CST (-6 GMT) and winter EST (-5 GMT) and let me tell you that is a real pain in the arse when communicating with all other outside the state!

Even Windows has a special Indiana Zone!

Confusious yet?
          Last edited by Greebe; 19 August 2001, 00:36.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with Greebe this should be in Site Feedback so Ant will be better able to see and address this if possible.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I did'nt thought that something like that could be possible. Hopefully i don't like in such a confusing place.

Spazm

Comment

We noticed this before.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                X