This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum attitudes

OK folks things are going in a direction I don't like. There is far to much flaming going on, far too much back biting. I don't have the time to police the forums as I would like. I've put a lot of money in keeping this site alive after GA went under and I don't think things are running in the traditional spirit of the MURC. I'd like things to change and the spirit of these forums to get back to what it was otherwise there's not much point me keeping this site running.

Ant, you'll not see me flaming or back biting anyone here!

Comment

me neither, but i think the atmosphere here is so tensed, because people are still waiting for the g800, and so there are three different groups now:

1)those who already got a new card, some of which start flaming or get flamed because of this

2)those who plan on getting a new card, if matrox doesnt announce something soon, they get flamed for this or flame the people who (pretend that???) know about matrox and tease the others with their not so certain knowledge

3)those who are happy with current matrox cards and get flamed or flame for this reason

my prediction is that the forum will settle down to its old trott a little while after M realeased their future card, and if they dont do this soon, atmosphere here will remain tense

thats what i think, anyway

Comment

The problem is that we have too many ppl coming in here trying to justify spending $300.00 on a video card, that still has poor image quality, and trying to convince everyone here that likes Matrox cards that we are wrong for that. Some of them can't seem to understand that the amount of fps you get in Q3 in not the end all be all of a video card.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

hmmm

*cough*
          I think that's the sort of **** Ant was talking about. This place is going down hill and it definitely isn't Ant's fault.
          P3 500 @ 600
          256MB PC133 RAM
          64MB PC100 RAM
          Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
          Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
          WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
          G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
          Monster Sound MX400
          512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
          Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
          ASUS P3B-F
          Logitech X1 Speakers
          Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
          Logitech Internet Keyboard
          19.1G IBM 60GXP
          8.4G Seagate
          1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Ant knows that I am joking. Plus the big grin smilies should help to convey that also. I tend to use alot of them when I am joking around. Which I have been doing alot of here lately. Must be the pain meds.

Joel
            Last edited by Joel; 18 August 2001, 06:29.
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I don't really see any posts made being different to those we've always had, what is different now is the overtly out and out aggressive responses people get, that is not something that we've always had. The number of complaints I am getting from both new and old forum users about the state of the forum has mushroomed lately and I think people need to check themselves and act in the grown up and restrained manner we've always had, that is one of the things that this forum has always had to make it a great community, it lacked the flaming and fighting of other forums and the attacks on so called outsiders. Just pause and think before you post people is all I ask and remember that your post is not just a reflection on yourself but on these forums as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                I don't really see any posts made being different to those we've always had, what is different now is the overtly out and out aggressive responses people get, that is not something that we've always had. The number of complaints I am getting from both new and old forum users about the state of the forum has mushroomed lately and I think people need to check themselves and act in the grown up and restrained manner we've always had, that is one of the things that this forum has always had to make it a great community, it lacked the flaming and fighting of other forums and the attacks on so called outsiders. Just pause and think before you post people is all I ask and remember that your post is not just a reflection on yourself but on these forums as a whole.
                Maybe the "Report this post to a moderator" "links" has something to do with it?
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ant ... I noticed that we don't have auto-censoring working on the new board: Is it disabled or not available?

AFA attitudes ... MURC has been dull as dirt since the move. I welcome any spirited discussion as long as it doesn't go too far with name calling and prejudices. It would be great to discuss the pros/cons of new Matrox graphics accelerator cards (besides rehashes of the G400) but in the meantime we can energetically discuss other vendor's new cards which luckily are continuing to evolve. Maybe the current forum problems are due to the old saying ... "Idle hands are the devil's workshop."
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well I can understand the new members saying WTF and complaining, but the old... well we KNOW who they are! LOL
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I concur with Mike.....

it is puzzling to hear about complaints but we can only hope some peeps (no names mentioned....put YOUR name here)
                      realize that they need to think before posting and not PWI (posting while intoxicated) either.......

-pickle
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

<I>This post has been relocated to the Soap Box</I>

j/k
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've got to admit I haven't noticed anything different. These forums are still the best around and there hasn't been any horror threads like we've had in the past.
                          Anyone remember the horror threads over the betaboys which resulted in Maggie saying he's leaving?
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Maggi's leaving!?

Comment

I wuv you guys, now let's all have a big group hug

Jokes aside, people should really start realizing that Matrox is not a relligion, so there's no sin in changing cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X