Swiftech MC462

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiftech MC462

I'm looking at this heatsink and was wondering if its worth the price they are asking for it (most places its about $70 USD). i'm looking at getting a 1.4 GHz T-bird soon and then upgrading to a Palomino in a couple months and I'll be doing a little bit of OC with the T-bird to give you an idea what I want to do with my new PC....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

you can look at a review of that hsf here if you haven't already done so!

Comment

No I don't think it's worth that crazy price, but right now (until the Alpha PAL8045 becomes more available) it's the best of the best.

A more better price-performance ratio would be the Thermalright SK6. Not the best, but one of the best... at a much lower price.

Personally, I'd wait until the Alpha PAL8045 becomes widely available. It will retail cheaper than the Swiftech is selling right now. But Swiftech will probably lower thier prices when the Alpha comes along.

So choose between those 2 (both very good).
      Primary system specs:
      Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Working...
      X