No announcement yet.

Want to use Panasonic MPEG I converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to use Panasonic MPEG I converter?

I've noticed that the panasonic MPEG I plug-in produces amazing results compared to the output from Ulead VideoStudio 4.0 and MGI videowave II. I'm using the plug-in with FlasK.

Is there a way I can use this plug-in without buying Adobe Premiere?

If I convert a MPEG II to MPEG I using the plug in and FlasK, I can't get audio with the video. I have thought of saving the video to file and then relinking using VideoStudio.

- Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I have been looking for the panasonic mpeg codec. Where do you get it? Also what is flask?

Comment

The Panasonic MPEG Encoder can be found at http://www.networkserve.co.jp/mpeg/index_e.html

I use the standalone version of the encoder and am not familiar with the plugin variety.
      I do know that the MPEG-1 clips I make with it look better than ones made on any other program I have tried. I wouldn't be without my Panasonic encoder.

Comment

I use the Panasonic plug-in with Premiere and it's amazing. The quality is so good but it just takes ages. On my comp (K6-2 300) 1 min of video takes 30 mins to encode. It's well worth it though. Anyway I got my copy of Panasonic of a newsgroup but if you want it I could probably e-mail it to you it's only about 1MB. However you do need Premiere 5.x to use it. Also if you have the full version of AVI_IO I would gratefully trade.

Tinnes =)
        Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

Where did you buy the Panasonic encoder stand alone version? I think I have to have it. Quality is amazing. Take at least twice the bit rate to achieve the same results in other programs!
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

When I use the Panasonic MPEG plugin, the output files do not size correctly when played back by media player at full screen. I see 2 large black margins on the left and right edges. If I compress the same source file with Xing it displays fine. Any idea why that is?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

wdwmgaic,

What version of media player.

6.4 works correctly for me playing MPEG1s encoded with the panasonic standalone demo.
              Both in a window and full screen on my marvel G200.

--wally.

Comment

I have the same problem and I have the latest version on Media Player. I just use PC-VCR remote to play mpeg-1 now. Works fine =)
                Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

Playing back in fine in PC-VCR but not Media Player is not a good fix. Part of the reason to make MPEG is to play on other machines that won't have PC-VCR software. Like it or not, Media Player is the "lowest common denominator" and it it won't play back your video corectly then IMHO you have a real problem!

Perhaps the issue here is something set wrong in the premier pipeline when using the plugin vs. the stand alone demo encoder I've played with.

I've not gotten involved with MPEG beyond evaluating it. For me I just don't get the quality that's worth bothering with. Perhaps I demand too much, but I have seen really good "VHS quality" MPEG1 in VCD format and it would be worth producing, but so far I can't find the tools that will produce it from Marvel G200 captures.

--wally.

Comment

You could always strech you screen?

Tee Hee Hee.

Comment

wkulecz,
                      What format do you output your files to?

Its a real shame Panasonic have this problem, because the actual performance is very good.

Interesting that it also plays back fine in Xing player, seems like it is just MS Mediaplayer that it fails in.

Comment

to: wdwmgaic

Remember to tell the Panasonic encoder if you use pal(352*288) or ntsc(352*240) or vga(320*240)

Comment

Working...
                        X