Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antone here aware of the AMD-K6®-2, Athlon, or Duron JPEG Display Problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antone here aware of the AMD-K6®-2, Athlon, or Duron JPEG Display Problem ?

PROBLEMS:
    JPEG Images are Distorted when Displayed by Microsoft Internet Explorer V4 or V5
    JPEG Images are Distorted when Embedded within Microsoft Office 97 or Office 2000 Documents
    When the Microsoft Windows Active Desktop is Viewed As a Web Page, JPEG Images Appearing on the Desktop are Distorted
    When MPEG Video Clips are Played, "Static" Appears Within the Video, Static and Pops are Heard in the Audio
    Some Video Games that Utilize DirectX Display Random Spots and Noise or "Hiss" is Heard in the Audio

full story here.
    Last edited by ayoub_ibrahim; 17 August 2001, 00:16.

I think this old and has been fixed by now. I haven't seen it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

As PIT say this is an old problem. Everyone that i know that has an AMD processor has never seen this problem before. I would guess less then 2% of the processors out there have this problem. I think this is just someone trying to stirr up at tempest pot for no good reason then just to add traffic to his site....

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hi,
          i am shwetha from japan. well i got a second hand desktop. amd k6 3d, 128mb ram, 6gb hd, winme, exploer 5, and adsl net connection.
          i am experiencing the same problem mentioned in this thread.
          i dont know the real cause of the problem. but when i view webpages the jpeg images are seen vague with blocthes of primary colours. i can view gif images clearly.when i select the jpeg image and save them to my system and open with paint or imaging i can see picture clearly. which shows there cant be any problem with my video/display card.
          i reffered to the site,

and i feel my problem is similar to what is stated in the site.
          if you have any other reasons or solutions you are most welcome.
          thankyou,
          shwetha

Comment

I just have to chip in and say welcome to another person in Japan

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Yes, this is an old problem. If you have a processor with this bug, AMD will replace it. They have a test program to see if your chip is affected. http://www.gordonfamily.com/AMD/Diagnose.htm
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

shwetha, are you by any chance indian? If so welcome aboard there are quite a few indian ppl over here.
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                X