Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One, maybe two, thing(s) about Mozilla that annoy(s) the hell out of me

rant = on
    Whenever a page is done loading it automatically sends it to the front. When I go to a page where I'll open a lot of links from it (this forum for example), I'll open the links in a new window (using the middle click - a feature I love) so I don't have to click back five billion times. When I open all the threads I want to read, I then click along the taskbar and start reading one thread while the rest are loading. Then the "feature" pops in and a page pops to the front while I'm reading something else. Extremely annoying. I've looked through the settings, but don't see a way to turn this off.

Also I have icons on the sides of my desktop that I use frequently. So I like to make the browser a certain width so I can still use the icons. Netscape would open new windows in a hierarchal fashion where windows opened would only be shifted from the window it was opened from. Mozilla continues to cascade windows and when I open all those windows (see rant above) it covers all my icons.
    rant = off

Why do I use Mozilla then? Well, my list of rants for the other browsers is a lot longer. Maybe I should start getting better at coding and change it myself
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Yeah I hate that too

IE does it to me, too. I know its a focus issue but I'm not sure how to correct it.

But what I like about Mozilla (Since 0.9.2) it can disable pop-up windows. You have to hand tool it (I can post mine if you like) but it works real good!

See more about it here:
    ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Great, I had lost the link!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. Guess I'll poke around.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Get TweakUI (Microsoft), and in the general tab check "Prevent applications from stealing focus". It should solve your problems ...
          Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

TweakUI for Win98? I'm not seeing anything like that in there.

Comment

Its in the power tools directory of your Win98 CD I believe.

/edit
              Its in CD-ROM drive:\Tools\Reskit\Powertoy of the Win98 CD. MSFT says not to use it on SE or ME (never tried those variants myself).
              /end edit
              Last edited by xortam; 18 August 2001, 22:07.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You cant find TweakUI or you cant find that option? I have Win2K, but IIRC i saw that in TweakUI in 98/Me ... Look for something similar, it should have something like "focus", and "flash taskbar button" ...
                Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Whoops my bad, I ment that I couldn't find it in TweakUI

Here are the options in general:
                  window animation
                  smooth scrolling
                  beep on errors
                  menu animation
                  combo box animation
                  list box animation
                  menu underlines
                  x-mouse autoraise
                  mouse hot tracking
                  show windows version on desktop

I'm not seeing anything there that looks like what you are talking about. Maybe it was introduced in later Win only :-\

Oh well, I'll live with it for now and look for a way to change it in Mozilla's settings.

Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Try using a newer TweakUI 110 KB (113.040 bytes).

This is version 1.33 and covers 2K, NT, ME, 98 and 95.
                    Oh, and it's on the general tab.

Kim
                    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

I wouldn't know for sure (having not used a Win9x OS in oh... err... since Win2k was in beta), but last I checked that focus option wasn't available in Win9x. Sorry!

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                      X