Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIA 4in1 Driver Installation on W2K wasnt successful but the installtion says it was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA 4in1 Driver Installation on W2K wasnt successful but the installtion says it was

Hello!
    I tried to install the 4in1 Driver from

on a fresh w2k system with sp2 installed. The installer ends with the message, that the installation process was successful. But Bus Mastering with my MAtrox G450 DH still is not working.

I tried to install the drivers on an nt4 system. The difference is that on the nt4 system the driver installs alright. He prompted for a destination folder, witch doesnt apear on my w2k system. i think that the driver isnt installed right on the w2k system.

Is this problem known? Is there a solution for this problem?

Best Regards,
    Alex

IIRC, if the G450 is like the G400 then you should have the option somewhere in the powerdesk under display properties/settings/advanced.

Comment

i ment the viadma tool, not the matrox properties

Comment

Which udma tool are you using the one that came with the 4 in 1 ones?
        To be honest I wouldn't bother with the drivers as the in built ones that come with win2k work well enougth and seem to have less bugs.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have problems using the bus mastering option of the matrox card, wich i need to use dvdmax.

i read a lot in the matrox forum and many users solved this problem by using the 4in1 driver including a patch for my board (fic sd11 via chipset)

Comment

Aren't you confusing things here?
            The FIC SD11 uses the AMD 751 Northbridge and the VIA 686A Southbridge, so the 4in1 drivers does nothing for your G450.
            You need the miniport from AMD.

I'm not an expert, but maybe Greebe or another in the know can elaborate?

Kim
            P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

oh, i thougt its an via chipset.

if this was the problem, thanx so much ))

Comment

on the fic support site it says i need both amd miniport and via 4in1 and also the highpoint bus driver, but htis is not available for w2k.
                system still freezes. is this a power supply problem? i have 250 w

Comment

Comment

Hi

You don't need the 4 in 1 drivers with win2ksp2 it fully supports the via chipset

Comment

I think Gurm is the resident W2K/Via situation expert around here. He's said in the past that now that SP2 is out you should NEVER install the VIA drivers. SP2 has all you need.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X