What a Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Joke

I just got off the phone with the local cable company and they literally could not answer one single god damn technical question between sales and tech support. How does the fricken world revolve with such horrible service and lack of information.
    Questions I asked and answers...

me: How many lines of resolution does digital cable have?

sales: lines of resolution? What is that?

me: for example, dss offers 480 lines of resolution, what is the comparable resolution to digital cable?

sales: sir, let me go find the answer for you(I wait 10 minutes and dildo #2 gets on the phone)

sales#2: sir, digital cable offers 12 lines of resolution and TV's only go as high as 8-9 lines of resolution.

me: what!? I'm sorry to be so blunt, but frankly you have no idea what you are talking about. Please let me talk to somebody that can answer my TECHNICAL questions.

sales#2: ok, sir. I'm sorry but we are just sales and we can't answer those questions for you, let me transfer you to tech support.

me: (prays for a short transfer)will I have to wait long?

Sales#2: Oh No!, there is no waiting, one sec please...

me: (longest no waiting I've ever done, 25 fricken long ass minutes later)

tech: How cna I help you sir?

me: (after explaining the situation, I ask my first question)How many lines of resolution will digital cable support?

tech: As many as your TV has.

me: (Oh god! kill me now, another idiot). That is not true. Let me try some easier questions...

me: What does "CD Quality" music mean for the audio channels?

tech: You know when you have a CD and you stick it in your CD player and you press play, that is CD quality music.

me: (AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!)no, I mean, is it comporessed, does it come out in stereo? I hear it is mono?

tech: Sir, it is sent via serial to the cable box, so if we send it in mono it will come out in mono.

me: ( i should have given up at this point) Will you support HDTV in the future?

tech: sir! HDTV is a brand name for TV's!

me: (wtf?) no it's not! Let me rephrase...will you be broadcasting HD quality signals over cable in the future?

tech: sir, HD is a brand name, really!

me: (sigh, I give up)No it isn't, you have no idea what you are talking about.

tech: HDTV is a foreign word to me

me: ok, last question, what kind i/o connectors are on the back of the cable box?

tech: RCA jacks

me: no s-video?

tech: that is a future add-on, we are currently working on that.

me: (cool, he answered my first question without knowing it!) The lines of resolution blows chunks because there isn't even s-video!)

me: (obviously)ok, thanks, bye.

Now tell me that wasn't the most idiotic conversation you've ever seen. Of course I paraphrased it, but you get the idea.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

lol.
    some really clever people at that company's tech support division!

Comment

Well...

That was a great one, he cant have scored higher than 60 on his latest IQ test!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This is typical.... many pepole at tech suport doesn't konw what they are working with!!!!

Comment

That sounds exactly like what I went through with my cable modem problem!

Maybe AT&T @Home owns a cable company!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Welcome to the modern world of being technically correct! LOL
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Kindness, it was AT&T. Actually, if your get through to tier2 for @home probs, they usually can answer yoru questions. Tier1 reads from a help guide. If anyone know the answers to the above questions, I would LOVE to know. I have scoured the web adn have gotten quite a few answers but some are contradicting. I just want to be sure.

Thanks,

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Gosh Dave I woz just hired by @home. They was so empressed by my teknikle prowress that they said I should be teir 3 or whatever.

BTW how many of them lines do you want to see???

Might as well get started on my new job, eh.

dj
                My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
                128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

I cant stand talking to any representative of any company who doesn't know their own product.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                    Kindness, it was AT&T.
                    heheheheheheheh

I just knew you were gonna say that. I have AT&T for cable service too. (But no cable modems are available- though digital cable IS)
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                    X