Next Gen Matrox Card....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Matrox Card....

Ok hypothedical question here: What do you think its going to be made up of? The two Rumors going around are:

2xG450/550 Chips with enhacments according to old rumors..

New Embedded RAM Chip, borrowing from 3dbitboys Techonogy..

Anyone else care to comment?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Matrox Card

I think the next generation Matrox card will be a completly new chip design, not based on G450/550, and I also think I will compete with GeForce3 and ATI's card

Sources in the Norwegian Matrox importer has hinted this, and before the G550 came out wath he hinted was right, so I trust him.

It might be posible with eDRAM from Bitboyz!

And of cource improved 2D graphics and new DualHeaad features. Perhaps 64-bit colors??

Comment

Re: Matrox Card

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
      next generation Matrox card ......will compete with GeForce3 and ATI's card
      I hope that's true...since it would have to be out fairly
      soon to go against the GeForce3 (+ the expected Ultra version)
      and the shiny new Radeon 8500.
      I'm still holding on to my Matrox card for now........maybe.

Comment

If Matrox were as good at releasing specs of their future products as nVidia were, we would know by now. But then if Matrox were as good at 3d as nVidia we ..........

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Re: Matrox Card

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
          I think the next generation Matrox card will.....compete with GeForce3 and ATI's card
          That points to a release date of 2003 for the next gen Matrox chip...

rubank
          Last edited by rubank; 16 August 2001, 04:29.

Comment

I would estimate a annunce date around this chrismas (november/descember/january) and release in the spring (april/may)

This might be worng, but when ATI's new broducts have almost as good 2D speed & quality as Matrox cards, and almost as good DualHead solutin, and superior 3d speeds & feautures, they haven't got a choice!

If Matrox don't come up with a high pref. solotin soon, the will be out of the market

Comment

[GDI]Raptor...I sure as hell hope your wrong on this one...if they dont have anything by next spring out on the market I'm giving up any hope for Matrox. I'm personally looking for something around the Christmas/January time frame for them...because if they have out something as late the sping of 2002 and its only as fast as the R200/GF3, well I'll be pretty dissapointed because the R300 and whatever next part Nvidia should be coming out right after that.....

Scott
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'm with Raptor on this one.

He pretty much sums up my beliefs except for the small fact that...

THIS MATROX CARD WILL KICK GEFORCE ASS!!

amish
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Amish
                  I'm with Raptor on this one.

He pretty much sums up my beliefs except for the small fact that...

THIS MATROX CARD WILL KICK GEFORCE ASS!!

amish
                  Let's hope it does a little bit better than that!
                  C:\DOS
                  C:\DOS\RUN
                  \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Glasses

and you won't have to strain when looking at the monitor
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

do you guys think it will feature displacement mapping??
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

It will be their own next generation chip, faster than a GF3, announced in Q4 '01 for Q1 '02 shipping, will show up in Q3.

Comment

...and drivers in Q4
                          System 1:
                          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                          Epox 8K7A
                          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner
                          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

... with full GL support *soon* after that.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ant is right on the mark. The next chip is based on a complete new architecture bottom up. And it will be available by Christmass. (they better be )
                              The chip will beat Gforce3 and R200 with even some new technology including displacement mapping wich will most likely be put in DirectX 9 by Matrox. My brains tell me if it is going to beat Geforce3 then the chip will be bigger than GF3 which means it will going to cost a gizzilion to manufacture! Therefore there must be downgraded version like MX or something. and there will also be a overclocked version or retouched version surfacing around next year this time. However, Matrox will still make most of its money from G450 for 2D users and G550 for Dual DVI users. and they will win the heart and wallet of some gamer Matrox lovers. Matrox will not be able to sell their new design more than $350 US considering the competition from ATI and Nvidia so it is doubful that they will even recover their investment !

..... time will tell.
                              I will see an old schoolmate of mine who works at Matrox next week, any questions you guys wanna ask. I hope he is not reading this board
                              -<= Its all about point of view ....
                              =>-

Comment

Working...
                              X