Soyo Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soyo Motherboards

Well I just got done reading a review on the Soyo K7V Dragon motherboard and I was impressed by it. So my question is does anyone else use these motherboards and how did the work out? I mostly use either Asus or Abit boards so....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

From persoanl experience I wouldn't touch a SOYO motherboard again, I have a dodgy 370 socket via chipset one. don't ask me the name, because i'm still trying to forget. I could never get it working with my matrox card (and yes i installed the 4-in-1 then the matrox dirvers). I'm using an abit sa6r and an asus cusl2-c.
    Not a problem.

Personal advice from experience - pay the extra

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I used one, once. Back in the slot 1 days.

Seemed to work ok, but I believe either a power spike, or a PS failure sent it to the used hardware bin in the sky.

amish
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I havent used the Dragon yet, I am still using my Soyo 6BA+ from 3 years ago running my P-3 550 Mhz. Stable stuff and only features missing are voltage adjustment but I'm not an Overclocker so I dont really need it.

I would recommend their stuff for people who need stability, not "extras".

-pickle
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I've been using a Soyo board for the past two years and the only problem with it is the VIA chipset.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Soyo has a quiet reputation for reliability, but I haven't kept up with thier products over the last year or so.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'll add a little more to my first post, the soyo board I received was in a cheap bare bones case (so yes this board was at the bottom end of the food chain), apart from the via/matrox problem. It would also hang on start up for Win2k server. It would *usually* boot on the third try. This was one of the cheaper soyo boards.

There is always a faulty board (or more) in every batch, I may have been unlucky

As always make sure your supplier has a good return policy and give whatever mobo you buy a good hammering when you get it, if it falls over - exchange it

Dan
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
              X