Diablo II key problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo II key problem.

First of all I am not looking for a crack/hack.

The nice wonderful sticker for my copy of Diablo II Lord of Destruction has rubbed mostly off and I can only make out two letters. I think they used some water soluble ink. Is there a way to find out the access key for an already installed version?

Or perhaps can the Diablo II key be used for the expansion? (Hey it works for Half-Life.)

I did a text search for the first part of the original key and came up with two of the MPQ files, but I cannot open them even with the previous MPQ viewers.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I call tech support and they laugh at me.

Have you tried doing a search of the registry for the numberm or for anything Diabloesque? Theres a slim chance its placed somewhere obvious in there.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Already.

That was the first thing I tried.

I've been trying to find an MPQ viewer, but the ones I found do not work with Diablo II.

Comment

FOund the viewer.

I found a viewer, but I am still trying to find the file. People have rumored about it being displayed when connecting to Battle.net. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comment

Working...
        X