Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 / Win 2000: Crosshairs not transparent in Half-Life

Hello Matroxians,

I recently started working in a new company and every now and then we like to play a bit of Half-Life on the company network after a long day of work. The PCs are equipped with G450 cards (latest drivers installed) and run on Win2000 SP2.

Generally, I am pretty happy with the performance and the image quality of the game but there is one small problem:
    The background of the crosshair is just a grey box so I can't see through it - which makes the crosshair obviously less helpful :-(
    I observe this effect in OpenGL as well as in Direct3D. If I use software rendering, everything is OK (but the rest of the game looks worse then).

I have been looking around on the Internet for a patch or at least an explanation for this issue but haven't been able to find anything, and it's hard for me to tell if it is a driver problem or an issue with W2K (I've never had this problem at home with my old G200 on Win98) - or maybe it's just a bad HL configuration,who knows...
    Has anybody had the same experience or does anybody know what could be done about it?

Thanks,

Georg
Working...
X