Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max experiences at 1600x1200x32 @ 110Hz

Hi,

In our company (technical design) we use quite many Matrox equipped computers driving large pro class monitors. Our almost fixed resolution is 1600x1200x32 @100 Hz. Some of our monitors support more than 100Hz on this res though Matrox says that Gxxx cards have a maximum operational refresh rate of 100Hz.

I did tried driving a SONY F520 and an EIZO F980 with a G400Max at 110 Hz. I had quite mixed experiences from those tests.
    Although everything works fine (with somewhat better results as of geometry and refresh stability) i noticed some shimmering on screen corners after two-three hours of use.
    Many times the screen was still clear with no shimmering even after a full day of use.

The cables i use are high quality shielded BNC and i have no EMI/RFI sources near monitors.

I'd like to know if you have similar experience using Matrox Gxxx cards on high res and refresh rates.

regards

Most likely the problem you're seeing is caused by the monitor itself. Increasing the refresh rate to the extreme limits of any monitors ability will shorten it's life expectency considerably.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X