Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secam capture all purple !!!

Hi,

I have several VHS tape, around 10 years old, recorded on a SECAM camcorder (as you guessed, I am French).
    This is not the first time I capture Secam material on my Marvel G200, but this time it proves difficult.

Basically, whatever capture client I use (Matrox-VCR or Virtual-Dub), the picture is saturated by purple. I barely see the normal colors. If I watch the tape on a TV, the picture is normal without an hint of this shit.
    From time to time, the picture can become ok for a few seconds, then suddenly goes back to the purple hell.
    Of course, I sat-up the marvel to input Secam, and the source is in this format.

From time to time I have also difficulties to set the marvel to the Secam-Input mode, because it complains the source is instable.

I tried to use the camcorder and also a normal VCR to read the tapes, but the results are identical from the Marvel point of view.
    I don't know what to do. Is there some settings to make the Marvel understand that this is really a Secam input ?

new facts

I tried to capture a Secam tape again yesterday evening.
    The tape was not old, maybe one year.

Using either Virtual-Dub or PC-VCR (that's the two programs I gave), I can see the picture correctly, but from time to time there are weird flashes, mainly purple.
    If I raise the Saturation level to very high values such as 800+, the problem disappears, but the picture is all greenish.
    If I set the Saturation to low values, the picture is basically purplish and there are no flashes too.

I played with the video settings a lot without success. I really don't understand what's going on. The VCR is not old and the tape plays perfectly on TV.
    There is no macrovision involved, I am talking about personal tapes.

I have the feeling that the Marvel constantly tries to auto-detect the video-source's type and believes it is a PAL source during brief instants... If I set the video-type to PAL, the picture is constantly purple.

From time to time, when I start-up the capture, the video-type sets itself to PAL, which is also why I have this suspicion.

What can I do ?

Comment

I remember a very similar post a few months ago either on these forums or on the Matrox forums. Unfortunately, I can't remember whether a solution was found or not!
      Perhaps try a search on either of these forums and see what turns up.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Comment

Unfortunately I had already done a search on the forum. This question has never been answered.

Comment

Working...
        X