Joysticks..which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joysticks..which ones?

Well I currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback jobbie right now, and the thing still works fine but in typical MS fashion its not truly supported in Windows2K and WindowsXP. I'm looking at getting a new joystick now and I want the following...USB support (not 100% nessary, but would be nice), Forcefeed back and the most important feature..true driver support under Windows 2000 and XP, but Xp isn't that important since its not out yet! So far I found the MS Forcefeed Back 2 and the Logitech WingMan Stike Force. If anyone else has experance with these two joysticks or any others out on the market, please post!

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Logitech wingman Xtreme3D, and they have a Force Feedback one too, but it SUCKED in Mech4 so I went back to the Xtreme3D and am happy. 8way hat, 7 buttons, twist grip, good throttle, solid, decent looking, reasonably cheap, USB or gameport digital. Good stick for sims, or mech games, tank Starwars etc. BTW, force feedback in any mltiplayer game will make you loose badly, because if you do anything, at all, (walk, hit a bump, run, or god forbid, fire a gun or take a hit), your aim is thrown off. It is very hard to aim while walking in a Mech. I am a not too bad Mech pilot in multiplayer, but I got absolutely SPANKED while trying out the force feedback. And turning it off was not an option, as it is really mushy and even broken feeling with no springiness at all. Just crap with it off. If you do only single player and the game is good, give it a go. But any multiplayer is bad news. When I told other people about my new toy, they all warned me off it. I thought, oh, Ill just give it a try, but they were right. Back it went.
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X