Fixing DV half size playback....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing DV half size playback....

This reghack changes the playback settings in DirectX's DV codec to use 720x480 (NTSC. 720x576 for PAL) instead of 360x240 for at least type1 DV files.

Copy the below text to Notepad and save it to a *.reg file (DVHalfPlaybackFix.reg is what I used). Run this reghack and the info will be inserted into the registry.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DirectShow\DV DecProperties]
    "PropDisplay"=dword:000003e8

Just in case you might want to back up this portion of the registry before applying the patch. Use REGEDIT's "export registry file" function after selecting the above HKCU\.....\DirectShow entry in the left panel.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that it was nessecary to edit the reg-db to get this functionality. As I can remember I changed that from within Media Player with DV-content loaded.
    Maybe it wasn't a type1 file. I'll gotta check up on that.
    Strange.

Ghydda
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Some folks found that DV file properties were being misreported with the default setting.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X