Green Flashes when watching MPEG movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Flashes when watching MPEG movies

I have a Marvel G400 and are having some problems when watching MPEG-1 movies on my screen, and on TV. Every movie comes up with geen flashes.

1) is this a problem with my display or Marvel
    2) Does any one know how to fix it?

Even the MPEG files on the Win95 CD have Green flashes.

Help Help Help!

Sci

[This message has been edited by Sci (edited 03 March 2000).]
    simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Hi Sci.

I'll try to help. What program are u using to watch MPEG-1 movies? What are your system spes. ?

/Rimfaxe

Comment

Any program that plays MPEG movies flickers green including the Matrox PC VCR and Windows Media Player.

My system specs -

128 mb RAM
      600mhz Intel Pentium III proceessor
      8x DVD ROM drive
      Marvel G400 TV card (as you probably already know)

The computer is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion 8526 and I think it has some sort of MPEG decoder in there somewhere.

Sci
      simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Comment

Check in your desktop setting under display and check what version your drivers are.The lastest versions are Powerdesk 5.41.008
        Bios 1.5.22 Display 4.11.01.1410
        If theses are not the same. Go to matrox.com and download the uninstall driver utilities and the new drivers and print out the instructions how to proceed the change the drivers. Follow them to the letter.
        Also, If you have recently down loaded Quicktime and installed it. It can change your drivers.
        Go in to your win,ini and check your drivers.
        You should have the following drivers listed.
        under
        [mci extensions]
        avi=AVIVIDEO
        qt=MPEGVIDEO
        mov=MPEGVIDEO
        dat=MPEGVIDEO
        mpg=MPEGVIDEO
        mpa=MPEGVIDEO
        mpv=MPEGVIDEO
        enc=MPEGVIDEO
        mlv=MPEGVIDEO
        mp2=MPEGVIDEO
        mpe=MPEGVIDEO
        mpeg=MPEGVIDEO
        mpm=MPEGVIDEO
        au=MPEGVIDEO
        snd=MPEGVIDEO
        aif=MPEGVIDEO
        aiff=MPEGVIDEO
        aifc=MPEGVIDEO

If any of this files are missing just add them to the list and then save and restart your computer. This should correct the green strip problem. Note: also if you are running PowerPoint. The files should play correctly after this change.

[This message has been edited by DouglasTexas (edited 04 March 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Douglas Texas
          I'm trying that now.

Sci
          simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Comment

Sci,
            Hope that cures the problem! I had experienced the green stripes and also video links lost. The above fix corrected all of it.
            Douglas

Comment

No such luck!

Green flashes still rule the MPEG video!

Could it be because my win.ini file listed mci extensions under [mci extensions.bak].

Shouls I actually add a new set called [mci extensions]?

New problem also. After reinstalling drivers, I have lost the option of outputting video files to TV out (ones not compressed using MJPEG) even with the "output to video line out" option selected.

Thanks once again for your help

Sci

[This message has been edited by Sci (edited 04 March 2000).]
              simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Comment

There is a really huge topic in this forum :-) Look for green stripes or green flashes - I don't no exactly.

Comment

Hello again, Speed Pete!!

Here is advice I received from Matrox support for the same problem, and it worked. However, I gave this advice also to Speed Pete, and it didn't work. However, if your problem is caused by the same thing mine was, this will be easy! (okay! okay! I know, get on with it

In your bios settings, look through the menus untill you find something similar to

"IRQ for VGA Device", and make sure it is ENABLED.

Ohh... come on baby... one right answer out of two isn't bad... daddy needs a new pair of shoes... hehe

Comment

Hi All

Don't know if this will help here, but would be interested to know.

I have been experiencing the green flash problem when editing videos since late 1999 when I changed my mother board and processor. The current mother board has a VIA PC133 chipset and PIII 500 processor, old mother board BX440 and overclocked PII 350.

I think I may have found a solution to the problem, I have only tested this for about an hour so far and have not experienced and green flashes, so it definitely helps.

I downloaded G200CLK from the MURC site just to see what it did and whilst playing I noticed one of the default settings seemed to be odd.

Using the /3 option the default setting for my system are 84.38, 112.50, 84.38 (equivalent to /3 2 1 2).

I am now using G200CLK /3 2 2 2 (84.38, 84.38, 84.38) in my startup and this has helped if not cured the problem. So I am using G200CLK to slow my system down slightly instead of speeding up as it was intended for.

Any feedback of your experiences trying this fix or further tweeks to improve on it would be much appreciated.

Matrox Tech, if this does work can we have in the drivers soon please?

colin.avey@themutual.net

Comment

Working...
                    X