Which Card for fixed frequency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Card for fixed frequency?

I have an old 20 inch Sony fixed frequency monitor with horizontal and vertical sync and RGB inputs.

I want to use it for my work and was wondering if it is possible to get this working with a matrox G400/450. I have previously had it working with a G200 but was wondering if I could get any better results with the newer cards? Also I'm using NT does this create further problems?

Ian

I have an IBM 6091 24" too, works fine with the G400, just dont forget to use negative hor. & vert. syncs. You can even force it to display other resolutions, like i did mine ... it now runs every single res., although some are rather unusable ... NT shouldnt be a problem. Just remember, the monitor cusomizations (that you need to use in order to make the monitor work in windows) are accessed via the QuickDesk icon in the task tray, NOT the Display Properties.
    Last edited by omegaRED; 13 August 2001, 11:32.
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the G450 also works, I'm assuming it would if the G400 does? Also if I get the dual head could I run my 17" standard Plug 'n' Play monitor with it?

Ian

Comment

The G450 should work too, and you can use DualHead with another P&P monitor. I`m not sure, but i think there are independent resolution customizations for the 2 monitors, so you should have no problems.
        Last edited by omegaRED; 14 August 2001, 08:56.
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
        X