@home email question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @home email question

I'm at work now and I forgot to check the @home web page to see if I can externally check my email via the web. If I can, can some one post me a link to do it with?

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

When I had @Home, I called them to ask about this and was told (basically)-

"No way, Jose!"

You have to be logged into the @Home network to get access to their mail servers, and that is (or was, unless things changed in the last three months) only possible either by being on your home PC (through the cable modem, which is on their 'LAN' network), or by paying for their dial-up plan, thereby giving you the ability to dial in remotely when you're not at home.

Of course, the second option costs you money..

Probably an easier way to see what mail you're getting at home is to set up an account with one of the freeby sites (pick one, there's lots), and have copies forwarded to that account from your home e-mail client. This means you'd have to leave your home e-mail reader up while you're out though, and have it set to check the mail at regular intervals..
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Actually.....

.....You have always been able to check your email from outside the @home network. As a matter of fact, I have it setup with my yahoo account so I can log in to any computer with access to the web and check my home email.
      You need to be on the @home network to activate it(member services), and once that is done, you would setup a POP account pointing to netmail.home.com. That's it!

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Dang it, Dave beat me to it again

He has it right, though.

Rags

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hmmm... I just have it setup here at work for Outlook to check my mail. I don't have to logon to the @home network or anything. Just set it up as a POP account in Outlook.

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

That is correct EA. You still have to point the POP account to netmail.home.com. Sounds like you have it automatically remembering your password as well. This would make it to where there would be no authorization required at all since it is done automatically.

Dave

Comment

Hehe. Guess that's one more reason to be glad I switched from @Home to DSL. (was forced to by my move, but..)

Not that I could/couldn't read e-mail from the net, but that tech support is wrong half the time. If I'd just known about that option when I had cable..

Oh well, glad you guys cleared that up for him (and me, lol)

System specs:
                Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  Hehe. Guess that's one more reason to be glad I switched from @Home to DSL. (was forced to by my move, but..)

Not that I could/couldn't read e-mail from the net, but that tech support is wrong half the time. If I'd just known about that option when I had cable..

Oh well, glad you guys cleared that up for him (and me, lol)
                  Actually it's documented by @home and if you read the starting guide, you would see how to do this. Sometimes Just R'ingTFM can go a long ways.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags

Sometimes Just R'ingTFM can go a long ways.

Rags
                    @#$%@#

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Working...
                    X