I'm not homophobic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not homophobic

I was looking for an avatar (the ST Admiral rank) to link on a forum that hasn't got the option to upload from my PC like MURC has. Was searching with Google using the "Star Trek ranks" words when I stumbled upon this .

I am not gay.. but I think the fact that they are pushing it with such determination is admirable (If not annoying to the paramount company.)
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Unlike the people in the hatemail section I found it a bit hilarious when I first read it. Remember, I was looking for a totally different thing and wasn't expecting from Google to show me something like this on the first result page, from Altavista maybe.

(If not annoying to the paramount company.)
      That's another thing that added to the attitude.
      Last edited by Admiral; 12 August 2001, 19:23.

Comment

Obviously they didn't take the Trill seriously as at least being bisexual characters.

After all, Dr. Crusher almost ended up with a female lover when the guy-hosted Trill she was getting close to had to take on a female body when his host bought the farm, but she chickened out in the end.

Then there was the dichotomy in DS9 of Sisko's old guy-Trill classmate becoming the female Trill character Jadzia Dax.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If I remember right I think they do have a bi-sexual character in the show. He's an alien with 2 wives and a husband. He's a light blue skinned colored race. I can't give anymore info because it's been a while but they do have a bi-sexual character in the show!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I think this is just another example of trying to push political correctness a little bit too far.

Joel

BTW Does anyone remember the one where Riker fell in love with a woman that was from a race that basically had no gender? And how someone showing gender traits was considered a deviant and had to be cured of their deviance.
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

yep

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

ahhh.... Does anyone remember the episode of DS9 where Dax and her former wife met.....
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hey... "Super MURCer"?????????

I've been gone too long
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                    ahhh.... Does anyone remember the episode of DS9 where Dax and her former wife met.....
                    Unfortunately, i havent seen it Sh!t!
                    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

well.... I cant say that I haven't seen a lesbian scene in Star Trek...
                      Last edited by Paddy; 13 August 2001, 15:10.

Comment

I thought it was her former lover - or I could be thinking about a different episode.

Dan
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Who cares It was another woman!

I miss Jadzia...

Comment

I'm not a homophobe either. Or a racist. But let's be honest - the black Vulcan thing was pushing it a little far, wasn't it?

If it doesn't work in the plot, it doesn't work. Period. Nobody should feel obliged to be so PC that they need to alter the plot of a great show in order to appease a tiny minority (admittedly a super-vocal minority, but a tiny one nonetheless!).

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Hypothesis: is being gay not a chromosomal "defect" or "abnormality"? (no insult or harshness meant there). If that were true, maybe they fixed that in the Trek future. This takes political correctness too far I think. If these groups of people had their way, every show on TV would consist of 1 white character, 1 black character, 1 spanish character, a few assorted European characters, 1 gay character, 1 midget, 1 transsexual, and maybe a few others.

Bart
                              Bart

Comment

Working...
                              X