Strangest thing in your neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest thing in your neighborhood

I don’t quite know how to write this one. It’s midnight here, I just finished talking to my girlfriend on the phone and I decided to go buy a coke from the vending machine on the corner. As I was walking back, I looked down and noticed a completely naked man hiding on the ground next a box.

He appeared to be about 40ish but I really didn’t spend that much time looking at him.

Not knowing what to do I hurried away as quickly as possible. I looked over my shoulder to see if he was following me, he appeared to be walking back to his flat (or wherever holding his hands over his groin).

A little bit further down my street I saw a young woman walking towards where I saw the man, she was walking her medium sized dog.

A foreigner speaking to a strange young woman late at night is scary for Japanese so I avoid it, if she hadn’t had a dog with her I would of said something.

I returned home, spoke briefly to my girlfriend and then I called the police.

First question, what do you think I should have done?

Second question, have you ever had a strange experience like this in your neighborhood?
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

// First question, what do you think I should have done?

Well, i think u've done the right thing. I would'nt had done anything even if the girl would'nt had a dog.... man i mean that's her problem not yours. I would'nt had called the police because i don't want to get in trouble anyway.

// Second question, have you ever had a strange experience like this in your neighborhood?

Actually, yes.... an i did nothing about nor the other people i say passing there did.

Normally people does'nt even stop to look even if someone is half dead on the floor.... well, unless it bleed.

Spazm
    Last edited by spazm_1999; 12 August 2001, 09:53.
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

First question:

you did just the right thing calling the Police! I don't know where you live, but it could be a trap, when you came over to the naked man someone would rob you....

Second question:

No, I live on a farm 4 km outside the city, and It's only 20.000 pepole living in the city, so not in my neibourhood.....
      Perhaps my dog kills a cat......

Comment

I suppose you've never heard the story of the good samaritan? He might have just been beaten up and robbed. Or suppose that guy had just gotten locked out of his apartment? True, he could have been a PCP-crazed martial arts expert who would have gone into a mania and broken your neck instantly if you had tried to help him, but then again, perhaps not.

But, yes, if you didn't help him yourself, the cops surely would. You probably did the right thing.
        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 12 August 2001, 09:58.

Comment

hmmm possible, however theives in my neighborhood generally take money and computers, however Japan more then its share of strange old men (and women).

It just shocked the hell out of me

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The MURCer Romeo Strikes Again!

How's about you drop a new female friend off at her house at 2am in the morning, and you see her ex-fiance standing in her garden staring at the 2 of you in the car...

Oh man, can love not be easy?

P.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

It's possible that the man was a stalker waiting for the girl on her regular walk of her dog.
              I don't believe in coincidences.
              Just by being there you may have saved her.
              Calling the police was a good idea.
              chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Re: Strangest thing in your neighborhood

Originally posted by Sasq
                I don’t quite know how to write this one. It’s midnight here, I just finished talking to my girlfriend on the phone and I decided to go buy a coke from the vending machine on the corner. As I was walking back, I looked down and noticed a completely naked man hiding on the ground next a box.

He appeared to be about 40ish but I really didn’t spend that much time looking at him.

Not knowing what to do I hurried away as quickly as possible. I looked over my shoulder to see if he was following me, he appeared to be walking back to his flat (or wherever holding his hands over his groin).

A little bit further down my street I saw a young woman walking towards where I saw the man, she was walking her medium sized dog.

A foreigner speaking to a strange young woman late at night is scary for Japanese so I avoid it, if she hadn’t had a dog with her I would of said something.

I returned home, spoke briefly to my girlfriend and then I called the police.

First question, what do you think I should have done?

Second question, have you ever had a strange experience like this in your neighborhood?
                Dangit. So you are the one who called the cops on me. I was just sleepwalking....or something.

Rags

Comment

It's possible that the man was a stalker waiting for the girl on her regular walk of her dog.
                  That wouldn't be very bright. Suppose the dog is used to being fed those sausage-type doggie snacks?

Comment

That's a good way too loose your Snausage....LOL

That hurts just thinking about it

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

One of my students sugested that he was visiting his girlfriend when her husband came home

Just thought i'd continue to add to the speculation

Dan
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                      X