Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Plugin users: the DVD Power Patch has more than drive support....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Plugin users: the DVD Power Patch has more than drive support....

The DVD Power Patch adds the following new and updated features;

1. support for the Pioneer DVD-R and Panasonic DVD-R/RAM burners (natch).

2. "broader MPEG file compatability". This means you now have the option go use out of compliance files. This should also take care of problems loading TMPGEnc files into the DVD Plugin.

3. "broader SVCD support". Actually more than that. It now supports burning xVCD and xSVCD if fed MPEG's with out of spec bitrates.

4. "Half-D1" is supported. This is 352x480 half width. Many cable and satellite companies use Half-D1 to cut their bitrate requirements.

and this too;

5. each project, even if you have exited it before burning, is saved into the folder "(MSPro install folder)/PPP/DVDWizPrj/" as a *.dwz file.

If you reload the MPEG associated with one of the files in this folder the projects menu setups & options you created for it will also be reloaded. Backing up these *.dwz files saves your work if you have to reinstall etc.

6. try using the Advanced MPEG options sometime. There are now working bitrate controls including CQ-VBR (from 1-31) and auto/manual VBR settings.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 August 2001, 11:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hi Doc,

Do you think this will solve my problem? (Ulead DVD Plug-in and TMPGEnc). I shall try it when I finish work.

Regards,

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Hi,

Just as Doc. says above, the Ulead DVD Plug-in and TMPGEnc + the Ulead Power Patch work like a dream.

I have used a bit rate of 1400 (XVCD) with very good results. Thanks again Doc.

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
      X