This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Drivers for Gxx0

Does anybody know when Matrox is releasing Windoes XP drivers for their Gxx0 cards?

I need XP drivers for my G400 MAX!!!!

i (think), not very sure but have a little idea , that you can use the win 2000 drivers, however I AM NOT SURE!!!

maybe some one else can clear this up
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

maybe matrox will release XP drivers when people can legitemately buy it in the stores. What do you think?

Comment

Let's see.

Think back to when Win2k was getting close to release. We had all kinds of speculation that Matrox wouldn't have drivers out the door for it. Then Win2k was released and Matrox was the first out the door with releasing drivers.

Now with XP coming out, I have no reason to doubt they will have drivers for it as well.

Rags

Comment

XP Drivers?

I'm sure that at least one of the BB's also beta tests stuff for Microsoft. I'm not sure if they would be allowed to answer this question though.

"Are you currently testing, or have you recently tested Matrox Video Card Drivers for WindowsXP?"

If you are able to answer, please do so.

Thanks in advance

Phill...
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
            maybe matrox will release XP drivers when people can legitemately buy it in the stores. What do you think?
            I dunno about everyone else, but I am sick to death of self-satisfied little smart ass replies like this, WindowsXP CAN be bought in the stores, albeit the Microsoft stores, and although it isn't 'released' it has been available now 'legitimately' for many, many weeks to anyone who wishes to buy it. It is now feature-frozen and undergoing final bug fixing before going gold in under 3 weeks.

I run a G400 Max and use it dual screen. I have a 42" plasma primary screen and a 19" as secondary. Because of the plasma's spec, I have to run it at 856 X 480.

I AM a 'legitimate' tester/user of WindowsXP, and over the weeks have had to endure the frustration of running my primary display at 640 X 480 because it is all the standard WindowsXP G400 drivers (the same ones as shipped WAY back in pre-RC1 days) will support.

I have watched the list of supported hardware grow and grow, with just about every other manufacturer of any type of peripheral hardware by now either offering XP compatible drivers, or at least helping it's customers find a work around until they can finish their development. I know of 3 other 'legitimate' Matrox owners in my position with varying degrees of problems, I am sure you all know of many others...

Under 3 weeks from RTM and Matrox still dont have a set of even Alpha drivers it's customers can try, and the standard 'we will support it when it is in the stores' company line trotted out to every one of their customers who have paid their hard-earned money to own a Matrox product and have the audacity to ask for help?.... Well, I think it sucks.

It is causing me major hassle not being able to run the resolution I need, and remembering the debacle with the G400 drivers when the card first launched, do YOU have faith we'll have a driver the day WindowsXP is in the stores?

And what does 'in the stores' mean?

And as of September most PC manufacturers will be shipping product with XP pre-loaded, and this will be many weeks before the product is available in the stores, so where do THOSE customers stand? (http://www.betanews.com/old/article.php3?sid=997234836 amongst many other places) that is only 4 weeks away, are Matrox saying that we will all be able to download final drivers in 4 weeks?

If anyone has actually managed to find a way to get a set of G400 drivers to work under XP and to be able to load the Matrox customised resolution files with the Power Desk then I would love to hear about it. I have seen posts with people managing to get most of the other functionality working, and good luck to them, but I have never see a post about running any modified resolutions.

I have tried everything I can think of with every set of G400 drivers released, and nothing works for me, has ANYONE had any luck in this area, and if so how??

And no, PowerStrip doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance, but not hopeful...

Frustrated of London

ps and before anyone flames me, although I don't post here I have read the board for many years. I usually just read, but this situation is really starting to badly annoy me as you probably noticed. I am currently on my seventh Matrox card, so I think I qualify to have an opinion.

Not trying to piss anyone off, all I want is my Goddam G400 to work properly NOW, is that too much to ask???

Comment

Just becasue you pay to beta test software for MS does not mean Matrox has to let you beta test new drivers for them (I bet they have employees to do that ). If you don't get drivers on the offical release date for XP, then complain. I know I would.

jImbEam

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the MURC.

I dunno about everyone else, but I am sick to death of self-satisfied little smart ass replies like this, WindowsXP CAN be bought in the stores, albeit the Microsoft stores,
                Preview and RC releases are available for purchase. You cannot go down to your local computer store and buy it. It's not on store shelves, don't play stupid.

and although it isn't 'released' it has been available now 'legitimately' for many, many weeks to anyone who wishes to buy it. It is now feature-frozen and undergoing final bug fixing before going gold in under 3 weeks.
                What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Absolutely nothing. It has not been RTM yet and until then you WON'T see drivers from Matrox. They have never released drivers to the public for unreleased OS's. I agree with not doing this. For a company like Matrox, who actually supports their products actively and timely, it would be support hell. Imagine a last minute change to the OS causing the drivers to tear up a system (this has happened in the past, believe me). Can you see the poor guys at their tech support cramming to help all the warez kiddies/MS beta testers/tweakers who shouldn't be getting any support at all? It would be chaos.

I run a G400 Max and use it dual screen. I have a 42" plasma primary screen and a 19" as secondary. Because of the plasma's spec, I have to run it at 856 X 480.
                Hey, man I feel for you. It really sucks. There are workarounds that have been posted here in the forums that will allow you to use the Matrox win2k drivers, have you tried them?

I AM a 'legitimate' tester/user of WindowsXP, and over the weeks have had to endure the frustration of running my primary display at 640 X 480 because it is all the standard WindowsXP G400 drivers (the same ones as shipped WAY back in pre-RC1 days) will support.
                That's what happens when you have a display that isn't supported natively in an OS. You become dependent on the video card manufacturer to provide you with a way to get the resolution that is needed. Matrox is one of the very few who provides users with a means to achieve this goal. nVidia and ATI don't. I don't think that even PS will allow you to do this under XP at the moment.

I have watched the list of supported hardware grow and grow, with just about every other manufacturer of any type of peripheral hardware by now either offering XP compatible drivers, or at least helping it's customers find a work around until they can finish their development. I know of 3 other 'legitimate' Matrox owners in my position with varying degrees of problems, I am sure you all know of many others...
                Play with the beta stuff, you get what you get. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Whining isn't going to change anything.

Under 3 weeks from RTM and Matrox still dont have a set of even Alpha drivers it's customers can try, and the standard 'we will support it when it is in the stores' company line trotted out to every one of their customers who have paid their hard-earned money to own a Matrox product and have the audacity to ask for help?.... Well, I think it sucks.
                Tough shit. We all heard this when win2k was near RTM. Then Matrox was the FIRST to release drivers period. I expect the same will happen with XP.

It is causing me major hassle not being able to run the resolution I need, and remembering the debacle with the G400 drivers when the card first launched, do YOU have faith we'll have a driver the day WindowsXP is in the stores?
                Running an non RTM operating system is a hassle.
                Based on their past history of new MS OS's, I expect Matrox will be one of the first, if not THE first, to have XP drivers for their latest display adapters.

And what does 'in the stores' mean?
                You are being an ass. If you don't know what 'in the stores' means, you are seriously in need of some help. 'in the stores' means you can actually go down to WalMart, Office Max, Best Buy, etc and buy it. Real cool concept.

And as of September most PC manufacturers will be shipping product with XP pre-loaded, and this will be many weeks before the product is available in the stores, so where do THOSE customers stand?
                I expect if OEMS are puting XP out, they will use hardware that has drivers So I guess that's where THOSE customers will stand.

(http://www.betanews.com/old/article.php3?sid=997234836 amongst many other places) that is only 4 weeks away, are Matrox saying that we will all be able to download final drivers in 4 weeks?
                Matrox hasn't said anything that I know of. So I guess there's your answer. But if I were to guess, I would say that Matrox will be one of the first with drivers.

If anyone has actually managed to find a way to get a set of G400 drivers to work under XP and to be able to load the Matrox customised resolution files with the Power Desk then I would love to hear about it. I have seen posts with people managing to get most of the other functionality working, and good luck to them, but I have never see a post about running any modified resolutions.
                Matrox is the only consumer manufacturer with modified resolutions and monitor settings adjustments in their drivers period. All users of other brands in your position would be just as stuck released drivers or no released drivers. So I don't get where this whine fest comes from.

And no, PowerStrip doesn't work either.
                Big surprise.

Thanks in advance, but not hopeful...
                Good luck getting any help.

and before anyone flames me, although I don't post here I have read the board for many years. I usually just read, but this situation is really starting to badly annoy me as you probably noticed. I am currently on my seventh Matrox card, so I think I qualify to have an opinion.
                I think everyone qualifies to have an opinion. But what separates you from the others is your uninformed rant. If you have been a reader of the forums for as long as you say you have, I guarantee you wouldn't have wrote this drivel.

I remember a certain poster back when Win2k was close and he posted almost the same exact drool as what you just did. His name was PaulS(or was it mj12 or both?). PaulS didn't have much to say a week after win2k was released.

Not trying to piss anyone off, all I want is my Goddam G400 to work properly NOW, is that too much to ask???
                Install win2k or better yet, win98.

Rags

Last edited by Rags; 12 August 2001, 16:46.

Comment

Delany, M$ in their infinite wisdom has thwarted all BB's attempts to beta test their OS's.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Rags, sometimes Ur just an ass..

Do U ever bother to read what Ur writing before hitting the "submit"?

This man have entered here with his first post ever. He does use the right hardware, hes got a valid point of which hes in need of help.

Ah well.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                      Rags, sometimes Ur just an ass..

Do U ever bother to read what Ur writing before hitting the "submit"?
                      DukeP, if this is a joke, then I don't get it.

This man have entered here with his first post ever. He does use the right hardware, hes got a valid point of which hes in need of help.
                      Did you even notice, that the person Rag has replied to ... let's say, elaborately, is not the one who started this thread? Or, even worse, if it was the same person, he posted using different accounts, which for sure doesn't comply with the basic rules for using such a forum.

Personally, I've been under the impression several times that some of our SuperMURCers recently did not allways respond in an appropriate way. But in this case there's absolutely no doubt:

Rag did it the right way, London Mike not.

Sorry Duke, but sometimes it's really that easy.

--E<:|

Comment

Hmm.. Rereading this posts once more, just a sec...

~~DukeP~~

..Later..

Ohm humm.. I myself might have been a bit too tearse with Rags.
                        Rags, Im sorry. Im just used to agreeing with U, witch I alas cant really say I do about this. Read for instance the latest post at Anandtech (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1516) of what Nvidia is doing for their peeps.

Btw, Winxp accept custom monitor.inf files. I had to do some hacking with my old 21"ibm fixed synch thingy (small monitor, prob not more than 50+ kilograms, heh) . It IS possible, altho I had help...

Good luck all.

~~DukeP~~
                        Last edited by DukeP; 13 August 2001, 09:54.

Comment

Doh!

Thanks for the answer Greebe.

It was worth a shot...

Phill...
                          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

London Mike: I have custom resolutions working on my G400 in Windows XP with both the drivers that came with build 2495 and then the 5.52 win2k drivers.

I use Powerstrip 3 to add custom resolutions and provide custom timings since there is no Powerdesk in the build 2495 drivers. It also works with the 5.52 drivers.

I must use Powerstrip to customize every resolution since I have a fixed frequency monitor and without it I can only use 640x480 60hz (so I'm in kind of the same boat as you - difference is I only have a single display system). I can also add totally new resolutions without problems - 1800x1350, 2048x1280...

If you need Powerstrip help then post at the Powerstrip forum at http://pub28.ezboard.com/fentechfrm1 - the developer posts there and answers questions.

Comment

Hi Mindjammer

Thanks for the constructive, useful reply.

I have tried Powerstrip without success so far, when I try to reboot with the new resolutions XP doesn't recognise them.

I am running an earlier build of XP to you, but I am pretty sure it is the multiple monitor setup that causes the problem and suspect it will be the same within your build.

Thanks for posting the forum URL for Powerstrip, I will go over and have a look, see if anyone over there can be as helpful as you've been

Mike

ps Thanks to DukeP too, at least SOMEONE seemed to get my point... *shakes head in despair*

Comment

Working...
                              X