Capturing with Ulead VS5 DVD edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing with Ulead VS5 DVD edition

Hi, I have a Marvel G400 TV with last drivers realised . I have a funny problem with capturing in YUY2 format MPEG2 real-time 704*576 when I use Ulead Video Studio 5 DVD Edition. If I start capturing both video and sound, many frames are dropped; otherwise, when I capture only video no frames are dropped. The funny thing is that when I used Ulead Video Studio 4.01, with same settings, I captured video and sound with no frames dropped. Any problems between UVS5 and SoundBlaster Live Player 1024? Anyway, while I capture, I don't see moving picture in preview window, but only a still image.
    More, the MPEG2 quality in UVS5 is not better that UVS4.
    I have readen on this forum that Ligos engine in UVS5 DVD was better than other editions. Why this? Particulary settings?
    Thank you all for help.
    Akal
    Asus P3BF rev. 1006, P3 CU-MINE 700, 256 Megs RAM, Marvel G400 TV, Win Me, SoundBlaster Live Player 1024.

Your problem with caputres is likely because VideoStudio5 has a larger memory & resource footprint than VS4 did.

AS such the loss of resources caused by the SBLive's bus hogging can (and often does) cause dropped frames. Many users have found that de-installing all but the very basic SBLive drivers can help some, but in my experience it took changing to another audio card that doesn't hog resources: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

As for the quality of your MPEG's, what are you doing? VCD, SVCD ???? Here the DVD Plugin delivers very good quality when set to 2550 kbps for SVCD and 5500 kbps for DVD, both using VBR.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Quality MPEG2

Hi Dr. Mordred and thank you for reply.
      I have created a template in VS5 DVD with these settings:
      video format YUY2 - 704*576 - frame-based- 6000 kbps vbr - IBP 3/2 - performance 3.
      output "progressive" - audio 192 48000Hz joint stereo
      I say quality of the resulting file MPEG2 is not bad, but not so good like I expected and, anyway, not better than VS4.
      What about "input deinterlace" option?
      Hi all great MURC folks.
      Akal

Comment

Working...
      X