• paint the moon!

comments?

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

I'm thinking they should start a little smaller. Like, maybe, paint the world trade center from the empire state building (or something else on that scale). I think that might show them that painting something with a bunch of lasers from a couple of miles away is hard enough, let alone something that is 240,000 miles away.

Sounds like fun though, I'll probably join in, if I remember it.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Have you ever tried to keep a laser steady on something a couple of hundred yards away? It is nex to impossible. I think it would be hard for enough people to actually HIT the moon with a hand held laser for any amount of time, much less keep it on a certain part of the moon for 5 minutes.

Another problem with this is that the atmosphere will most likely diffuse the (very weak) laser. The lasers that scientist use to hit the moon are extremely high power. Something you can buy at the drug store won't cut it.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Working...
      X