Sennheiser wireless headphones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sennheiser wireless headphones.

...has anyone ever used them? My current wireless headphones at work are old and decrepid. I can't listen to music for more than 30 minutes before my ears get tired. And since I can't go without my music at work, I need need a new pair.

I found out yesterday that there is a Sennheiser dealer not more than 15 minutes from my house Any input? I know Sennheiser makes a killer headphone, but does anyone have wireless headphone experience from them?

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Here's a RS-60 review. I've never heard any wireless 'phones, all mine have cords.

Comment

All those wireless headphones I've heard up to now were less than spectacular, even the AKG ones which are said to be the best - there's just too much hum and too narrow frequency band.
      Maybe this has changed with the newer AKG ones which use a digital signal for transfer, but then those are expensive (>$300).
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

I'm not too worried about them not sounding as clear as wired phones. I want the portability at work more than the sound quality. Although I'm sure the sound on the Sennheisers will be much better than my current Advent set. I'm about to head out to the store and check them out. If I buy a pair I'll throw up my thoughts.

Jammrock

Comment

They should be ok. I listened to a pair of wired ones which were pretty good - not great, but good enough if you don't use them for movie marathons such as Gladiator + Braveheart without a break....

But here's a suggestion Jammy: Just bring big speakers and screw the rest of the people at work. hahaha

-Dimi
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I thought about that, Dimitri...bringing in a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's and blaring them. But security and HR would have an unkind word with me shortly thereafter. So I was at this audio store called Audio Port yesterday...

My main reason for going was because they deal in Sennheiser headphones and are ~15 minutes from my house. The second was because they sell some really insane A/V stuff. Rotel, Runco, Marantz, Wilson Speakers, B&W, Denon, Martin Logan speakers and a bunch of other really cool stuff. When Greebe heard this he informed me that I MUST hear the Martin Logan electrostatic speakers. So I figured, what the hell, if they have some setup, I'd listen.

I cruise over to Audio Port with a few of my buddies to check things out. It turns out the Martin Logan is the flagship speakers for Audio Port (which is saying a lot since they sell a pair of Wilson speakers that cost $215000 USD a pair). This cool sales guy (did I just say that) shows up and brings us into one of the demo rooms where they had a 'mid-range' Rotel seperates system (DVD/CD, pre-amp, amp rig), hooked up to a 'mid-range' set of Martin Logan speakers with a ML center channel. He popped in a Jazz CD and hit play. The second the first note sounded everybodies jaws hit the floor! It sounded like I was sitting 2 meters from the band at a live concert. And this was with a 'mid-range' setup in a room where the acoustics were 'okay'. I'm not even going to try and describe how cool MI:2 sounded on a high end ML/Rotel rig in a accoustically sound room

And the morale of the sotry? If there's a Martin Logan speaker dealer nearby that has a cool sales guy that will demo them for you...go listen. As soon as possible! And if you live in the Lawrence, KS area (which I do ) go take a tour of the Martin Logan factory (which I am going to do soon )

oh yeah...I ended up buying some Sennheiser HD570's wired headphones, because the sound blew the wireless ones away. And that cool sales guy knocked $25 off them without me even asking...

Jammrock

Comment

Hehe. If you search a few months back, you'll see Greebe telling me the same thing about the ML speakers. Unfortunately, I did not like the sound of them I wouldn't say they are bad, it was just that the sound was not to my liking. I demoed both the Prodigy and the Odyssey. This was some time ago, and I'm not sure of the equipment used, but I know McIntosh amps were used with both of them. Oh well, this variety is what makes the audio world so interesting

Comment

and of course it also depends on what you are looking for/accustomed to and how it's setup... if the sound of a boom box is all you know, then speakers like these will sound mellow and frail. Of course once you become accustomed to hearing it like it's suppose to be... well
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The rig I listened to also had the ML center channel which has a traditional tweeter and a couple of small loudspeaker woofers. Still...it was incredible. I also listened to a $2200 pair of B&W's just afterwards. They were nice, but nothing near the ML's. But that's just me. Maybe the $8000 pair of B&W's or the $215000 pair of Wilson's would have sounded better...hmmmm...

Jammrock

Comment

$2200 pair of B&Ws? Were those the CDM7NTs?

Comment

Must have been the CDM7NT's or one of the DM series because of the price. The 9Nt's are $2600.00

Paul
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Of the B&W line I listened to the 2001 models of the DM-601S2 (~$1000 a pair) and the Nautilus 805's (~$2200 a pair). They were played off Rotel HDCD player/amp seperates with a Deutche Gramafon recording of various Rikard Wagner classical music pieces. This store does have the full line of Nautilus, ASW, DM, CM and CDMS speakers for review. But since I'm not serious about buying right now I didn't ask to listen to anything else.

If you want to see what these guys carry, follow the link:

Jammrock

Comment

You need to go back and listen to the CDM9NT's or the Nautilus 802's. I used to use the DM-601's for rears. The 601's and the 805's don't have subs in them just tweeters and a mid-range so they don't sound as full. They are OK for rear speakers though.

Since they put the Nautilus tweeter in the CDM series this year they are much better. I get chills listening to Stevie Nicks voice

If I can swing it in the next year I might upgrade to the 802's

Nice store there Jammers!!!!

The nice thing about the high end speakers is you can always trade up and get your full value out of the old set for the first year or so.. Just keep your boxes...

Paul
                          Last edited by ALBPM; 13 August 2001, 20:35.
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Jumping Zeus on a pogo stick, man! The Nautilus 802's are $8000 a pair!! I'll be luck if I can afford CDM1-NT's!!!! I'm sure they sound really nice though.

Jammrock

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Then listen to the DM-605's which have powered woofers or the CDM7NT's for a more full sound.

I think the CDM9NT's have the most bang for the buck in the B&W line for $2600. The next in line for fronts were the Nautilius 804's for $3000 and for the sound, it wasn't worth the price increase.

The Nautilus 803's sounded great but just were not as full as the 802's.

I haven't been able to listen to any Martin Logans in Albuquerque yet

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X